Garb news

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2007
      Hi,
      I'm just completing a new dress for GNEW. I decided on a cotton linen
      blend which will resembles the missing link between tunic and bliaut.
      Hey, I figure there had to be designs in between. Well, it will be
      an experiment in summer garb.

      If you haven't been to www.revivalclothing.com take a look, it is very
      authentic and I love sites that give me ideas. They also give
      historical references for their designs. I'm using their idea for a
      waist cincher (I know they call it something different).

      I've got to comment that the effect that I get looks very much like a
      Japanese kimono with an obi. This is totally unintentional. I think
      with trim and a veil it might help.

      I'm just ordering some trim for a belt, too. Celtic Trims on Ebay has
      a nice selection. I'm also giving Fashion Fabrics Club a try. They
      have good prices on linen and a great selection. They require a
      membership fee (under $5), but it is refunded toward your first order.

      My other news, is that I commisioned the Persian Coat from
      CastleGardenCreations.com. I actually had fabric (that I'm sure is
      bordering on vintage by now) that I sent to them. This is the perfect
      use for it, and helped reduce the price. So, I'll have to show it off
      when it's finished. Now, I just have to find some time to practice
      belly dancing so I can wear it.

      Hope everyone is well and happy,
      Gwen.