Welcome!

  • Christine Wright
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2005
      Hello all,

      We just picked up three new folks who are interested in sewing, and
      if possible it would be great if they could email the group to let
      us know who they are and what they want to make. It would be great
      if the rest of us introduce ourselves too, so the newer folks know
      who we are and what we do. We're all interested in costuming, and
      now we have people spread out over a fairly large area. Our
      original purpose was to get a sewing group going in the Waterville
      area. I have no idea if we can all get together for a group, but at
      least we can all support each other online!

      We have a ton of links at our Groups web site, so please take some
      time and look through them. There's lots of neat costuming stuff
      there! Also, anyone can post links or photos up at the Group site
      (if it's inappropriate, I will remove it). If you find a really
      cool costume or fabric/trim site, please share!

      I'm Ysabiau de Mortagne - I make late period garb, and I really love
      doing blackwork embroidery. I am learning to make bobbin lace, and
      made my own bobbin lace pillow from instructions on the internet (I
      hate spending lots of money on things I can learn to make!). I have
      our kingdom level award for arts & sciences for embroidery and
      costume. I am remaking my wardrobe (nothing fits right anymore,
      wah!), and have cut out the pieces for a new corset. And my new
      fencing armor is almost done, yay! (Thanks again, Gwen, for helping
      me with those measurements!) Next up, finding materials for a
      farthingale.

      I hope we can get this group idea up and running. With more
      schedules (and children) to juggle, it will be interesting!

      -Ysabiau