Re: Kit for the wife

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 8, 2007
      It sounds lovely. Do send pictures of the finished project.
      Best,
      Cate

      --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Martsolf"
      <martsolm@...> wrote:

      > Cate,
      >
      > I have taken your advice and begun work on an underdress and
      > surcoat. Underdress in cream. Surcoat dark blue wool with grey
      > wool side gores. Should look nice. I will post pics when it is
      > done.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Mathius
      >

      > --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Kelley" <kelley_rambo@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Surcoats with an undertunic are nice (and comfortable to wear, I
      > > think). A simple Italian ren is another suggestion.
      > > Cate
      > >
      > > --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Martsolf"
      > > <martsolm@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Ello all,
      > > >
      > > > My wife would like me to make her an outfit to use at LG&M
      > concerts
      > > > but has not particular time period or area in mind. She wants
      > > > something that will be flattering on her and will fit in with
      > the
      > > look
      > > > of the rest of the SCA. She is not interested in persona she
      > just
      > > > wants to sing. She generally wears a 24 or 26. I do have
      about
      > 5
      > > > yards of dark blue wool and two or three of grey wool and I
      can
      > buy
      > > > some muslin or other for an underdress. I also have several
      > yards
      > > of
      > > > red wool.
      > > >
      > > > Any thoughts would be helpful.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks,
      > > >
      > > > Mathius Fycher
      > > > Herald to Sir John of Calais

    • Matthew Martsolf
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 13, 2007
        Cate,

        I finished the project last night!!! Nice cream underdress with
        cream leather belt, pouch and dagger sheath. Navy blue sideless
        surcoat with grey side gores. I also had enough blue and grey wool
        to make a nice 3/4 round knee length cape with a hand forged clasp.
        I will post some pics as soon as I can get her outside in the snow
        with it. Maybe after the snow tomorrow when the trees are still
        coated. It will give me a good opertunity to try out my new camera
        I got for Christmas.
        In the future I may see if I can comission someone in the shire to
        do some embroidery on the from of the dress. I would but I am not
        so inclined.

        Thanks for your help,

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 14, 2007
          It sounds great - and you've been very industrious to finish it so
          quickly - with cape, belt, pouch and sheath to boot! Look forward to
          the pictures.