Re: Kit for the wife

  • Matthew Martsolf
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 8, 2007
      Cate,

      I have taken your advice and begun work on an underdress and
      surcoat. Underdress in cream. Surcoat dark blue wool with grey
      wool side gores. Should look nice. I will post pics when it is
      done.

      Thanks,

      Mathius

      --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Kelley" <kelley_rambo@...>

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 8, 2007
        It sounds lovely. Do send pictures of the finished project.
        Best,

        <martsolm@...> wrote:

        > Cate,
        >
        > I have taken your advice and begun work on an underdress and
        > surcoat. Underdress in cream. Surcoat dark blue wool with grey
        > wool side gores. Should look nice. I will post pics when it is
        > done.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Mathius
        >

        > --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Kelley" <kelley_rambo@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Surcoats with an undertunic are nice (and comfortable to wear, I
        > > think). A simple Italian ren is another suggestion.
        > > Cate
        > >
        > > --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Martsolf"
        > > <martsolm@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Ello all,
        > > >
        > > > My wife would like me to make her an outfit to use at LG&M
        > concerts
        > > > but has not particular time period or area in mind. She wants
        > > > something that will be flattering on her and will fit in with
        > the
        > > look
        > > > of the rest of the SCA. She is not interested in persona she
        > just
        > > > wants to sing. She generally wears a 24 or 26. I do have
        about
        > 5
        > > > yards of dark blue wool and two or three of grey wool and I
        can
        > buy
        > > > some muslin or other for an underdress. I also have several
        > yards
        > > of
        > > > red wool.
        > > >
        > > > Any thoughts would be helpful.
        > > >
        > > > Thanks,
        > > >
        > > > Mathius Fycher
        > > > Herald to Sir John of Calais

      • Matthew Martsolf
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 13, 2007
          Cate,

          I finished the project last night!!! Nice cream underdress with
          cream leather belt, pouch and dagger sheath. Navy blue sideless
          surcoat with grey side gores. I also had enough blue and grey wool
          to make a nice 3/4 round knee length cape with a hand forged clasp.
          I will post some pics as soon as I can get her outside in the snow
          with it. Maybe after the snow tomorrow when the trees are still
          coated. It will give me a good opertunity to try out my new camera
          I got for Christmas.
          In the future I may see if I can comission someone in the shire to
          do some embroidery on the from of the dress. I would but I am not
          so inclined.

          Thanks for your help,

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 14, 2007
            It sounds great - and you've been very industrious to finish it so
            quickly - with cape, belt, pouch and sheath to boot! Look forward to
            the pictures.