RE: [EndeweardeTailor] Re: cotehardie

  • Christine Wright
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 29, 2006

      Gwen, I have no idea how this affects your plans, but the buttons I have are off-white.  My dress was ivory-colored.  I know I don’t have 95 of them, either.  I do have some small metal shank buttons (gold tone) that I possibly have 95 of, and they would probably work just fine.

      Since I’m not sure what your pattern looks like, I can’t tell you exactly how to put the triangles in…you said four pieces, right?  Was that front, back and two sleeves?   My best guess is that you should stitch a straight edge of a gore to the side of the skirt, and have the diagonal edges of the gores be stitched together.  Then, when you are ready to hem, just trim the gores until the hem is rounded.

      Does that make sense?  I’m sorry, I’m tired, it’s been a long day.  If you want live technical support, I will be coming down to Waterville on Friday to pick up some books, and I can drop by your house and have a look.  Or possibly someone with more cotehardie experience than me will be able to tell you what to do, and have it make sense!

      -Ysabiau, who is going to get some sleep now.

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2006
        Ys -
        Your blackwork is great and the corset looks like it has taken a lot
        of time! Thanks for sharing the pictures!
        Cate
        PS - Finally met Frazier at school the other day! I hadn't met him
        before.