re: sari

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24, 2006
      Gwen -
      Is the sari just a length of fabric wrapped in a certain way? How long
      of fabric does one need for it?
      Cate

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 26, 2006
        Yes,
        That's right one long piece about 7+ yards. I haven't
        tried to fold mine, yet. There is often a belt to
        help secure the material beneath the layers. Plus a
        little half torso short sleeve shirt. There's more
        than one way to fold the sari, including one that make
        it resemble genie pants. They recommend silk, but...
        Maybe I'll try the folding at the tailor's meeting on
        July 9th. I might end up like a sausage, but then I
        would know.

        Gwen.