Re: [EndeweardeTailor] Digest Number 111

  • lancejbrown@adelphia.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 22, 2006
      Gwen,

      \I would be interested if work does not get in the way - which it often does.

      LJB

      --
      Lance J. Brown

      You know, I was going to ask about garb for breastfeeding, but you may have answered
      that question. Actually, I see at least one problem with that, but I'll spare y'all.

      I really want to try a sari for the heat. I already have the fabric, but it's a synthetic, so I'm
      not sure it will work to keep cool. I think they are beautiful and simple (except for the
      folding part).

      If I hosted a Tailor meeting before the July 9th Fairfield dance workshop, would anyone be
      interested in attending?

      Cate and Kim (anyone else), are you planning on attending either dance workshop?

      Gwen.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 24, 2006
        Gwen -
        Is the sari just a length of fabric wrapped in a certain way? How long
        of fabric does one need for it?
        Cate

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 26, 2006
          Yes,
          That's right one long piece about 7+ yards. I haven't
          tried to fold mine, yet. There is often a belt to
          help secure the material beneath the layers. Plus a
          little half torso short sleeve shirt. There's more
          than one way to fold the sari, including one that make
          it resemble genie pants. They recommend silk, but...
          Maybe I'll try the folding at the tailor's meeting on
          July 9th. I might end up like a sausage, but then I
          would know.

          Gwen.