Honest opinions please...

  • Marge Adams
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2006
      Hi all,
      I finally bit the bullet and attempted, after months of
      procrastination, making a Mongolian del for one of my sons. So please
      tell me if it looks at all acceptable. I got very frustrated but I've
      posted a photo of what it looks like so far. It's not finished yet,
      and mostly just basted together.

      So what do you think?
      Thanks,
      Marge
    • margaret rochester
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2006
        It looks good to me, but I'm no Mongolian expert.  I'll be seeing James this evening and I'll show him the picture.  Bring the del along with you to youth fighter practice, that way James and I will be able to see it first hand.

        You might want to suggest to your Mongolian that it is fierce resolve, not fear, that the Mongols were known for.  ;-)

        Margaret

        Marge Adams <jorie6568@...> wrote:
        Hi all,
        I finally bit the bullet and attempted, after months of
        procrastination, making a Mongolian del for one of my sons.  So please
        tell me if it looks at all acceptable.  I got very frustrated but I've
        posted a photo of what it looks like so far.  It's not finished yet,
        and mostly just basted together.

        So what do you think?
        Thanks,
        Marge

        Yahoo! Photos

      • Marge Adams
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 6, 2006
          --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, margaret rochester
          <kenduskeagstream@y...> wrote:

          > It looks good to me, but I'm no Mongolian expert. I'll be seeing
          James this evening and I'll show him the picture. Bring the del
          along with you to youth fighter practice, that way James and I will
          be able to see it first hand.

          > You might want to suggest to your Mongolian that it is fierce
          resolve, not fear, that the Mongols were known for. ;-)

          > Margaret

          What? You don't think he looks like he has "fierce resolve?" <grin>

          Thanks for asking James for me. I'll try to remember to bring it on
          Sunday, but like I said, it's not done. Not hemmed, and it really
          is just basted together, though I may actually sew it by then.
          Since it seems like it looks okay.

          Thanks,
          Marge