Meetings was re: Tonight's meeting

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2005
      Was anyone able to make it to Kim's this week? (Besides Kim, of
      course!) I hope so! I know December is a difficult month to
      schedule things, that's just a given. But I had some thoughts about
      the meetings that I just wanted to throw out to see what you all
      thought. I hope that's okay.

      1. I really appreciate Kim opening her home for the meetings, but I'm
      finding that Fairfield is difficult for me to get to, especially so
      early in the evening. It's at least an hour from Belfast, roughly.
      Is there a possibility of meeting somewhere a bit more to the east
      that still isn't too much of a drive for the Bangor folks?

      2. Sometimes my brain gets a little (okay, a lot) boggled by all the
      terminology and the different types of clothing, etc. I was
      wondering if perhaps we could do some mini-presentation or something
      at each of the meetings focusing on someone's area of interest. i.e.
      I'm interested in the Burgundian gowns and trying to make one at the
      moment. There is some interesting information on the gowns, time
      period, undergarments worn with it, etc. that I could share. Maybe
      someone would be interested in looking at surcotes or something
      else? I just thought it might give the meetings more focus and also
      give more information about the wide variety of clothing available in
      the SCA period. (Did I also mention I'm a bit of an academic and
      just adore learning???:-)

      3. I hope I'm not taking up too much space in the file/link/photo
      section. If stuff I've put there is in the way of you uploading
      something, let me know. I think we still have plenty of space, but
      I'm not sure.

      Thanks,
      Cate
    • Christine Wright
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2005
        Replies to Cate's questions:

        I couldn't make it to Kim's, I wound up with too much work and homework.
        Argh!

        As far as another meeting place, people are welcome at my house in Unity.
        We have two cats and one four-year-old, and it's a little bit messy, but we
        can arrange a meeting here if people want.

        As far as mini-presentations go, that sounds like fun! I love garb. I love
        learning about garb. Anyone else?

        And now to the file stuff at the site - you should be okay. I haven't
        gotten any warnings that we're closing in on critical mass.
      • Kimberly LaMarre
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2005
          No one showed up on Wednesday. Which was probably a good thing because the
          house is clean and I was able to start a Christmas project. I have no
          problem going to Unity; it isn't that far and I wouldn't have to clean my
          clutter.;) Mini-presentations sound like fun-I still have a lot to learn
          and no time to do research.

          Kim