Skip to search.

Re: Tonight's meeting

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2005
      Dear, I don't think I will make it out either. Perhaps we should
      look towards a January date?

      Cate

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2 9:50 AM
        Was anyone able to make it to Kim's this week? (Besides Kim, of
        course!) I hope so! I know December is a difficult month to
        schedule things, that's just a given. But I had some thoughts about
        the meetings that I just wanted to throw out to see what you all
        thought. I hope that's okay.

        1. I really appreciate Kim opening her home for the meetings, but I'm
        finding that Fairfield is difficult for me to get to, especially so
        early in the evening. It's at least an hour from Belfast, roughly.
        Is there a possibility of meeting somewhere a bit more to the east
        that still isn't too much of a drive for the Bangor folks?

        2. Sometimes my brain gets a little (okay, a lot) boggled by all the
        terminology and the different types of clothing, etc. I was
        wondering if perhaps we could do some mini-presentation or something
        at each of the meetings focusing on someone's area of interest. i.e.
        I'm interested in the Burgundian gowns and trying to make one at the
        moment. There is some interesting information on the gowns, time
        period, undergarments worn with it, etc. that I could share. Maybe
        someone would be interested in looking at surcotes or something
        else? I just thought it might give the meetings more focus and also
        give more information about the wide variety of clothing available in
        the SCA period. (Did I also mention I'm a bit of an academic and
        just adore learning???:-)

        3. I hope I'm not taking up too much space in the file/link/photo
        section. If stuff I've put there is in the way of you uploading
        something, let me know. I think we still have plenty of space, but
        I'm not sure.

        Thanks,
        Cate
      • Christine Wright
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3 3:45 PM
          Replies to Cate's questions:

          I couldn't make it to Kim's, I wound up with too much work and homework.
          Argh!

          As far as another meeting place, people are welcome at my house in Unity.
          We have two cats and one four-year-old, and it's a little bit messy, but we
          can arrange a meeting here if people want.

          As far as mini-presentations go, that sounds like fun! I love garb. I love
          learning about garb. Anyone else?

          And now to the file stuff at the site - you should be okay. I haven't
          gotten any warnings that we're closing in on critical mass.
        • Kimberly LaMarre
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 3 6:06 PM
            No one showed up on Wednesday. Which was probably a good thing because the
            house is clean and I was able to start a Christmas project. I have no
            problem going to Unity; it isn't that far and I wouldn't have to clean my
            clutter.;) Mini-presentations sound like fun-I still have a lot to learn
            and no time to do research.

            Kim