841Re: [EndeweardeTailor] advice

  • Jason goodrich
    Feb 12, 2011
      I think that you probably aren't the first Lady to have torn her dress.. I'm sure it's happened in period as well as it does now.And  I would be willing to bet dollars to donuts that they would have patched it up in a way for it to remain fashionable and still function... fabric was expensive!

      I think we could make a clear case for doing your repair and calling it well within period norm.

      8)

      On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 12:17 PM, leofwynofwhit <elamache@...> wrote:

      Hi all:

      So during the feast preparations I caught my dress on a handle on a cupboard door and tore quite a hole in my dress approximately mid calf. The dress is an unfinished kirtle - unfinished in the fact that I have yet to be brave enough to make lacing holes and lace it up either front or back. So the question is this: Can I take a piece of contrasting cloth and make a stripe around the skirt at mid calf and probably at the bottom to match, effectively covering the tear and also dressing up the dress? And yes I will eventually add lacing holes. I was also thinking of taking that same contrasting color and adding sleeves that can be attached (it is a short sleeved kirtle now).

      What do you all think?

      Lady Leo

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic