840advice

  • leofwynofwhit
    Feb 12, 2011
      Hi all:

      So during the feast preparations I caught my dress on a handle on a cupboard door and tore quite a hole in my dress approximately mid calf. The dress is an unfinished kirtle - unfinished in the fact that I have yet to be brave enough to make lacing holes and lace it up either front or back. So the question is this: Can I take a piece of contrasting cloth and make a stripe around the skirt at mid calf and probably at the bottom to match, effectively covering the tear and also dressing up the dress? And yes I will eventually add lacing holes. I was also thinking of taking that same contrasting color and adding sleeves that can be attached (it is a short sleeved kirtle now).

      What do you all think?

      Lady Leo
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic