Birka Ball

  • Melisaunde d-Ione
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2009
      To whom it may concern, please see the following regarding dancing at
      Birka:

      From Laird Ruadh Cruidh MacFrode
      via Alexandre Saint Pierre (shamelessly snatched from the DisSonata
      list):

      In case there are any other musicians headed to Birka who are
      planning on joining the band, here's a (cleaned up) copy of the
      potential song & dance list with comments from their dance-master:

      Maltese Bransle Belle Qui Pavan
      Rufty Tufty
      Pinagay Bransle
      Gathering Peascods
      Horse's Bransle
      Heart's Ease
      Washer Woman's Bransle
      Gae Gordon's
      Scottish Bransle
      Upon a Summer's Day
      Lorayne Almayn
      Pease Bransle
      Bransle Officiale
      Jenny Pluck Pears
      Tangle Bransle
      Hole in the Wall
      Petite reins
      Korobushka
      Black Almayn
      Madam Sosilia Almayn
      Quadran Pavan
      Montard
      Black nag
      Salterello la regina
      Pinwheel

      These are songs I can teach but the Band doesn't know, but I have
      them on CD so maybe the band could take a break, or we may work on
      learning:

      All in a garden green
      Fickle ladies

      These are songs the Band knows but I can't teach them. If there is
      someone there who knows how to teach them we may get asked for them.

      Spagnoletta
      Grimstock
      Trenchmore
      Strip the willow