Re: Oct 5th Practice

  • Lady Sara of Stonley
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2008
      So are we dancing on the 5th or not? Me and mine are available and
      planning on it even without our illustrious dancemaster and his lady.
      So what is the plan?!?!
      Sara
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 2, 2008
        --- In EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com, "Lady Sara of Stonley"
        <jorie6568@...> wrote:

        > So are we dancing on the 5th or not? Me and mine are available and
        > planning on it even without our illustrious dancemaster and his lady.
        > So what is the plan?!?!
        > Sara

        Do you want to dance in Unity or do you want me to schedule the
        gazebo? I know Leiza said she would come, anyone else?

        I'm having a stress meltdown. Too many things happening at the same
        time! I'm currently scheduled to attend a kindergarten-er's birthday
        party, but there is still time to cancel. I really would like to dance.

        Tell me quick, if you want the gazebo!

        Clare.
      • Brian Hubbard
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 3, 2008
          Clare writes:

          > I'm having a stress meltdown. Too many things happening at the same
          > time... I really would like to dance.

          Clare et al, I know exactly what you're talking about. Between prep
          for the Hunt, working away from home this week and last, a Rose
          family outing on Saturday (with weekend guests), and scrambling to
          buy a new house, Lady Melisaunde and I are pulling our hair out
          (fortunately, not each others' hair). We, too, would love to dance
          in amongst all this craziness, but something has to be pushed aside.

          About the house that Mel and I are looking at: it's in Orrington,
          about 6 miles away from Vey and Sylvia. We've already signed the
          Purshcase and Sale Agreement and have secured financing. We're
          scheduled to close on October 23. The house was built in 1850 and was
          fully remodelled, including a huge addition that features the kitchen
          and a (roughly) 18'x 18' "dance floor", sometime in the mid 80s. At
          a full two stories with three bedrooms and 1 1/2 baths, the 2260 sq.
          ft. house boasts solar heated hot water, super-inlusated walls and
          ceiling, a full attic (woo hoo!!!), oil heat, two fire places (one of
          which is a double), a propane heater stove, built in lighted book
          cases, polished pine floor boards, and (did I mention?) a dance floor
          that even has a musicians' gallery above it!

          We've walked through the place repeatedly and are very comfortable
          with the condition. For the most part, everything looks great! We've
          hired a building inspector to look the place over today (I know my
          way around construction, but it's always good to have an extra set of
          eyes) and to perform a water test and locate and identify the septic
          system for us. There are always potential "show stoppers", but we're
          very hopeful and very excited.

          More to follow.

          In service,
          Lord Gwillim, Dancemaster Endewearde
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 3, 2008
            Wow, the house seems made for you!
            Clare.

            --- In EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Hubbard"

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 3, 2008
              Mel/Gwillim -
              The house sounds great. I hope the closing goes smoothly.
              cate

              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 4, 2008
                So is the space available in Unity regardless? 'Cause we can find
                something to dance if it is. There are feet itching to dance around
                here since the kids came back from camp. The living room in its
                current state really does not provide enough room.

                Sara
              • Lady Sara of Stonley
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 4, 2008
                  > I'm having a stress meltdown.

                  So Clare, I read in the newspaper (so you know it MUST be true) holding
                  a man's hand helps lower a woman's stress level. Just any ole man,
                  even a stranger...
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 4, 2008
                    The space is available.
                    cate