Re: next practice.../ballroom

  • Cate
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 4, 2008
      Do we want to continue staying a little later to do some ballroom (if
      Thomas is still willing)? I noticed that we didn't last time, but I
      wasn't sure if that had been discussed already or not.
      Curious,
      Cate
    • Marjorie Adams

        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 5, 2008
          I would like to continue, too.
          Keith is threatening to stop out dance classes, in favor of making it
          into movie night. I'm trying to get him to do intermediate Salsa, though.

          I would also suggest that if we don't dance, we use that 1/2 hour to
          sing.

          Mel, there has been some interest from some dancers in learning some
          Endewearde camp songs. Not a performing group, just wanting to be
          able to bellow along. Maybe you and Gwillim can help?

          Clare.

          --- In EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com, Marjorie Adams <jorie6568@...>
          wrote:

          > Well, you'd have to ask those who bring the minstrels in a box. We
          would stay for a while--1/2 hr tops--because youth fighter starts at
          4(supposedly.) While we can adopt the Scadian habit of being
          fashionably late, we do need to get there before it is over. ;) And
          while we appreciate his teaching us new things, Thomas doesn't need be
          there for the rest of us to practice. And we could definitely use the
          practice since we haven't since the last time at the church in
          Fairfield...

          > Cate <kelley_rambo@...> wrote: Do we want to continue
          staying a little later to do some ballroom (if
          > Thomas is still willing)? I noticed that we didn't last time, but I
          > wasn't sure if that had been discussed already or not.
          > Curious,
          > Cate
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          Try it now.

        • Leofwyn of Whittlesey
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 5, 2008
            There just should be more singing in general! So yes, we need to practice those campfire type songs, so that we can really belt it out at GNE and Pennsic and anywhere else we go!

            just my humble opinion......
            Leo

            wrote:

            > Well, you'd have to ask those who bring the minstrels in a box. We
            would stay for a while--1/2 hr tops--because youth fighter starts at
            4(supposedly. ) While we can adopt the Scadian habit of being
            fashionably late, we do need to get there before it is over. ;) And
            while we appreciate his teaching us new things, Thomas doesn't need be
            there for the rest of us to practice. And we could definitely use the
            practice since we haven't since the last time at the church in
            Fairfield...

            > Cate <kelley_rambo@ ...> wrote: Do we want to continue
            staying a little later to do some ballroom (if
            > Thomas is still willing)? I noticed that we didn't last time, but I
            > wasn't sure if that had been discussed already or not.
            > Curious,
            > Cate
            >

            > ------------ --------- --------- ---
            Try it now.

            Leofwyn

          • Marjorie Adams
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 5, 2008
              Yeah, loud enough to drown out those d#*n drums...

              wrote:

              > Well, you'd have to ask those who bring the minstrels in a box. We
              would stay for a while--1/2 hr tops--because youth fighter starts at
              4(supposedly. ) While we can adopt the Scadian habit of being
              fashionably late, we do need to get there before it is over. ;) And
              while we appreciate his teaching us new things, Thomas doesn't need be
              there for the rest of us to practice. And we could definitely use the
              practice since we haven't since the last time at the church in
              Fairfield...

              > Cate <kelley_rambo@ ...> wrote: Do we want to continue
              staying a little later to do some ballroom (if
              > Thomas is still willing)? I noticed that we didn't last time, but I
              > wasn't sure if that had been discussed already or not.
              > Curious,
              > Cate
              >

              > ------------ --------- --------- ---
              Try it now.

              Leofwyn

            • L T
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 5, 2008
                I like the drums.
                Bryn

                --- Marjorie Adams <jorie6568@...> wrote:

                > Yeah, loud enough to drown out those d#*n drums...

                Looking for last minute shopping deals?
              • Leofwyn of Whittlesey
                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 5, 2008
                  I do too....right up until about the time I try to go to sleep! :)

                  Leo

                  L T <ladybrynmillar@...> wrote:
                  I like the drums.
                  Bryn

                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 5, 2008
                    I like drums in moderation.  Not when they are so loud I cannot even hear myself think, let alone hear the others at our fire.  And not into the wee hours.  And not playing the SAME beat for hours and hours.  I prefer some variation.

                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 5, 2008
                      All these are good reasons for a drummer to visit
                      someone else's camp to share their music. <smile>

                      Bryn

                      --- Marjorie Adams <jorie6568@...> wrote:

                      > I like drums in moderation. Not when they are so
                      > loud I cannot even hear myself think, let alone hear
                      > the others at our fire. And not into the wee hours.
                      > And not playing the SAME beat for hours and hours.
                      > I prefer some variation.
                      >
                      > Leofwyn of Whittlesey <elamache@...> wrote:
                      > I do too....right up until about the time I
                      > try to go to sleep! :)
                      >
                      > Leo
                      >
                      > L T <ladybrynmillar@...> wrote: I like
                      > the drums.
                      > Bryn
                      >
                      > --- Marjorie Adams <jorie6568@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > Yeah, loud enough to drown out those d#*n drums...

                      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                    • freida smith
                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 5, 2008
                        I use to love the beat of the drums at common ground fair so much I wanted to learn to play. then GNE destroyed it. how can anybody that was there not remember that night.

                        Message 11 of 15 , Mar 5, 2008
                          I learned to love the sound of the drums at my first
                          GNE war. I've always wanted to learn how to play them.

                          I have no idea what night you are referring to in your
                          posting ?????? (apparently I slept through whatever it
                          was...)

                          Bryn