update

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 24, 2008
      Hi,
      I thought it might be easier if I just posted here. Most of you know
      that I had Lasik surgery Friday. Then I became stranded in Bangor,
      when my ride couldn't make it through the snowstorm. Luckily, Lady
      Margaret (and clan) was able to put me up for the night and take me to
      the tourney, where Lady Sara brought me to post-op and the Dr. ironed
      out the wrinkles in my left eye. Elena brought garb, we stayed for
      the tourney and they brought me home to a locked house. (My fault, I
      rarely carry house keys.) Roland celled Keith, who let me in. Phew.
      At the tourney, I was having trouble with vision. Those darn
      wrinkles were causing me to see double on top of blurry.

      I was worried this morning when my sight was still blurry, but
      thankfully not double. I called the Dr. who reassured me, the left
      eye is just lagging behind and will catch up with the right, which is
      20/20. Although, I still can't believe he okayed me to drive!

      Sorry, I missed practice, I simply did not feel safe driving. I'm
      sure all motorists en route are thankful. I missed you and will see
      you next time. In the mean time, I have to get used to a ton of
      restrictions, such as no eye make-up for a month, no gym, no
      swimming... Be nice, I'll probably resemble a muffin in two weeks.

      Take Care, Love to you all,
      Clare.
    • Lady Sara of Stonley
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 25, 2008
        I am glad to see that you posted this update. I was worried about
        you yesterday, although I assumed you weren't at dance because you
        didn't feel comfortable driving and didn't have a ride seeing Elena
        was also unable to make it. I am glad you received the reassurance
        you needed from the doc. I suspected that might be the case. It only
        makes sense that the eye would need some extra recovery time after he
        messed with it that morning. Hang in there!
        Sara

        --- In EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com, "Wendi"
        <lobster_kelaguen@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I thought it might be easier if I just posted here. Most of you
        know
        > that I had Lasik surgery Friday. Then I became stranded in Bangor,
        > when my ride couldn't make it through the snowstorm. Luckily, Lady
        > Margaret (and clan) was able to put me up for the night and take me
        > the tourney, where Lady Sara brought me to post-op and the Dr.
        ironed
        > out the wrinkles in my left eye. Elena brought garb, we stayed for
        > the tourney and they brought me home to a locked house. (My fault,
        > rarely carry house keys.) Roland celled Keith, who let me in.
        Phew.
        > At the tourney, I was having trouble with vision. Those darn
        > wrinkles were causing me to see double on top of blurry.
        >
        > I was worried this morning when my sight was still blurry, but
        > thankfully not double. I called the Dr. who reassured me, the left
        > eye is just lagging behind and will catch up with the right, which
        is
        > 20/20. Although, I still can't believe he okayed me to drive!
        >
        > Sorry, I missed practice, I simply did not feel safe driving. I'm
        > sure all motorists en route are thankful. I missed you and will see
        > you next time. In the mean time, I have to get used to a ton of
        > restrictions, such as no eye make-up for a month, no gym, no
        > swimming... Be nice, I'll probably resemble a muffin in two weeks.
        >
        > Take Care, Love to you all,
        > Clare.

      • Cate
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 25, 2008
          Glad to hear you're okay. Missed you at practice yesterday, but happy
          you were able to make it to the Tourney, eventhough it sounds like
          things looked a little funny. See you on the 9th - hopefully you'll
          be all healed up by then - no wrinkles.
          Cate