Re: Name changes

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1 7:45 AM
      Thanks,
      Gwen was one of those names that just popped into my head when someone
      asked, so what's your SCA name about 14 years ago. I just kept it,
      because it was easy, but there are so many Gwens around... and I
      really wasn't that attached to it.

      Besides, Thomas pointed out that I didn't have a last name. Then with
      Sarah becoming a lady, I figured, I could put more effort into this.

      I'm also thinking about heraldry, but it's a bit overwhelming. I do
      know what I want, though.

      Clare.

      --- In EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com, "Deborah Ellis"
      <Mickeydmom@...> wrote:

      > OK, ladies - are you all done now? LOL!
      >
      > We'll always know who you are, no matter the name!
      >
      > Gwen/Clare - I like that - it suits you much more accurately.
      >
      > Jinx/Rowan - Rowan is a great name - I just hope you DON'T live up to
      > your nickname!
      >
      > Hope to see you both at Tourney o' Love.
      >
      > Anne

    • Cougar Medeiros
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 9, 2008
        Hi Everyone,

        I know this isnt exactly about dance but I was wondering if anyone had the recipe for honey butter. I want to make it for my family, they hear me talk about it all the time and are curious. If anyone can help that would be great! THANKS!!!!

        Rowan

      • L T
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 9, 2008
          Well.. it's really as simple as it sounds.

          The basic approach is to take a stick of softened
          butter and add clover honey to taste. I supposed if
          you want to get "fancy" you could try a flavored honey
          or perhaps flavor the butter instead (maybe try for a
          sweet and hot/spicy taste). If you do small batches
          you can have fun experimenting. You could try
          different herbs or seasonings that way.

          I think it's safe to say that most of us on a budget
          who need just a bit of honey tend to buy the little
          plastic honey bear when starting out. It's usually the
          lowest priced and is more than you need. I use 2-3
          careful squeezes of the honey bear to get the
          sweetness level I prefer.

          With maple syrup time coming up you may want to
          consider experimenting with that and butter as a
          constrast.

          You can buy commercial honey butter at the store, but
          I think it's more fun to mix it yourself.

          Don't forget to pay attention to the bread you are
          serving with the butter. Honey butter does an adequate
          job of dressing up plain italian bread but is so
          delicious on warm fresh multi grain bread. Yum!

          Margarine, while ok, just isn't quite the same if used
          by itself (texture is usually a bit different and
          breaks down poorly under heat). If you were serving
          something where cost was an important consideration,
          one of our past dayboard cooks used to add a bit of
          real butter to a good quality (but less expensive)
          margarine to improve the taste and stretch the monies.
          It was always pretty good for dayboards and I doubt
          anyone ever noticed it wasn't all pure butter.

          Have fun and experiment with it.

          Bryn
          who prefers unsalted butter and will buy the little
          honey bear on occasion

          --- Cougar Medeiros <krypticzodiac@...> wrote:

          > Hi Everyone,
          >
          > I know this isnt exactly about dance but I was
          > wondering if anyone had the recipe for honey butter.
          > I want to make it for my family, they hear me talk
          > about it all the time and are curious. If anyone can
          > help that would be great! THANKS!!!!
          >
          > Rowan
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them
          > fast with Yahoo! Search.

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        • Leofwyn of Whittlesey
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 10, 2008
            Greetings Rowan,

            I am the lady who has fed you with the dayboards at the Endewearde Hunt, Bare Blade, and the feast at Tourney of Love.....

            My recipe for honey butter is a variation of the honey butter recipe I found in the Gode Cookery website (I think) - which was 1 pound of softened butter (four sticks = about 2 cups) to 2 cups honey......which really, sort of makes it soupy.....so I changed it to 1 pound of butter and 1 cup of honey, give or take. That way it still acts like butter, but is sweet - and my entire family got it for Christmas last year, and raved and raved about it. I have one of those big standing mixers, so I just turn it on, dump the butter in, let it get all squished up and smooth, then pour in the honey, let that mix for awhile, using a rubber spatula/scraper to scrape down the butter on the sides of the mixing bowl - all on a fairly slow speed. And if I want cinnamon honey butter, I add about 2 or 3 teaspoons of cinnamon while my mixer is mixing the honey butter.

            hope that helps!

            Leofwyn

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 10, 2008
                Thanks!! I'll have to experiment and let you all know how it turns out!

                http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs