Name changes

  • Deborah Ellis
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2008
      OK, ladies - are you all done now? LOL!

      We'll always know who you are, no matter the name!

      Gwen/Clare - I like that - it suits you much more accurately.

      Jinx/Rowan - Rowan is a great name - I just hope you DON'T live up to
      your nickname!

      Hope to see you both at Tourney o' Love.

      Anne
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2008
        Thanks,
        Gwen was one of those names that just popped into my head when someone
        asked, so what's your SCA name about 14 years ago. I just kept it,
        because it was easy, but there are so many Gwens around... and I
        really wasn't that attached to it.

        Besides, Thomas pointed out that I didn't have a last name. Then with
        Sarah becoming a lady, I figured, I could put more effort into this.

        I'm also thinking about heraldry, but it's a bit overwhelming. I do
        know what I want, though.

        Clare.

        --- In EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com, "Deborah Ellis"
        <Mickeydmom@...> wrote:

        > OK, ladies - are you all done now? LOL!
        >
        > We'll always know who you are, no matter the name!
        >
        > Gwen/Clare - I like that - it suits you much more accurately.
        >
        > Jinx/Rowan - Rowan is a great name - I just hope you DON'T live up to
        > your nickname!
        >
        > Hope to see you both at Tourney o' Love.
        >
        > Anne

      • Cougar Medeiros
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 9, 2008
          Hi Everyone,

          I know this isnt exactly about dance but I was wondering if anyone had the recipe for honey butter. I want to make it for my family, they hear me talk about it all the time and are curious. If anyone can help that would be great! THANKS!!!!

          Rowan

        • L T
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 9, 2008
            Well.. it's really as simple as it sounds.

            The basic approach is to take a stick of softened
            butter and add clover honey to taste. I supposed if
            you want to get "fancy" you could try a flavored honey
            or perhaps flavor the butter instead (maybe try for a
            sweet and hot/spicy taste). If you do small batches
            you can have fun experimenting. You could try
            different herbs or seasonings that way.

            I think it's safe to say that most of us on a budget
            who need just a bit of honey tend to buy the little
            plastic honey bear when starting out. It's usually the
            lowest priced and is more than you need. I use 2-3
            careful squeezes of the honey bear to get the
            sweetness level I prefer.

            With maple syrup time coming up you may want to
            consider experimenting with that and butter as a
            constrast.

            You can buy commercial honey butter at the store, but
            I think it's more fun to mix it yourself.

            Don't forget to pay attention to the bread you are
            serving with the butter. Honey butter does an adequate
            job of dressing up plain italian bread but is so
            delicious on warm fresh multi grain bread. Yum!

            Margarine, while ok, just isn't quite the same if used
            by itself (texture is usually a bit different and
            breaks down poorly under heat). If you were serving
            something where cost was an important consideration,
            one of our past dayboard cooks used to add a bit of
            real butter to a good quality (but less expensive)
            margarine to improve the taste and stretch the monies.
            It was always pretty good for dayboards and I doubt
            anyone ever noticed it wasn't all pure butter.

            Have fun and experiment with it.

            Bryn
            who prefers unsalted butter and will buy the little
            honey bear on occasion

            --- Cougar Medeiros <krypticzodiac@...> wrote:

            > Hi Everyone,
            >
            > I know this isnt exactly about dance but I was
            > wondering if anyone had the recipe for honey butter.
            > I want to make it for my family, they hear me talk
            > about it all the time and are curious. If anyone can
            > help that would be great! THANKS!!!!
            >
            > Rowan
            >

            > ---------------------------------
            > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them
            > fast with Yahoo! Search.

            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
          • Leofwyn of Whittlesey
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 10, 2008
              Greetings Rowan,

              I am the lady who has fed you with the dayboards at the Endewearde Hunt, Bare Blade, and the feast at Tourney of Love.....

              My recipe for honey butter is a variation of the honey butter recipe I found in the Gode Cookery website (I think) - which was 1 pound of softened butter (four sticks = about 2 cups) to 2 cups honey......which really, sort of makes it soupy.....so I changed it to 1 pound of butter and 1 cup of honey, give or take. That way it still acts like butter, but is sweet - and my entire family got it for Christmas last year, and raved and raved about it. I have one of those big standing mixers, so I just turn it on, dump the butter in, let it get all squished up and smooth, then pour in the honey, let that mix for awhile, using a rubber spatula/scraper to scrape down the butter on the sides of the mixing bowl - all on a fairly slow speed. And if I want cinnamon honey butter, I add about 2 or 3 teaspoons of cinnamon while my mixer is mixing the honey butter.

              hope that helps!

              Leofwyn

                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 10, 2008
                  Thanks!! I'll have to experiment and let you all know how it turns out!

                  http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs