Re: So, who can go?

  • L T
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2007
      I sent a reservation in for Jordan and myself to
      attend Winter Feast right after Nikoli announced it on
      our Endewearde list a couple of months ago.

      I am tempted to go elsewhere because the King and
      Queens Fencing Championships are being held in Vermont
      on that same day, but ..... a few hours down to
      Malagentia and back on the same day is much more
      affordable and easier to travel to.

      I've attended their past "yule" feasts at their
      previous site and it is an enjoyable evening. The food
      is wonderful, the dancing will be very nice, and I
      think there are other performance entertainments. And
      it's one of the few times I get to wear a dress (I'm
      reluctant to seriously try to fence in skirts - too
      much of a tomboy).

      You should cross post to Endewearde cooks guild and
      tempt them to send a few "spys" to the feast. It's all
      in the name of period research.

      Bryn

      --- Wendi <lobster_kelaguen@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I'm trying to convince y'all to come to the Winter
      > Feast in Portland.
      > We've been calling it the Yule Fest. Here's me
      > fluttering my
      > eyelashes, "Please". I know Mel and Gwilliam are
      > going. Bryn, are
      > you going? Margaret? Bruinhilda? Sara and clan?
      > Cate? Thomas?
      > Griff? Alf? Anyone else?
      >
      > It's close by, inexpensive, there will be food and
      > dancing. That's a
      > winning combination, as far as I'm concerned. Come
      > on, what's all
      > this dance practice good for, if we don't use it to
      > show off what
      > we've learned. Besides, I haven't worn garb since
      > Fort Knox. If you
      > haven't either, than it's about time.
      >
      > Have I convinced anyone? Perhaps, more fluttering,
      > "Please".
      >
      > Gwen.

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?