RE: [EndeweardeDance] Re: Site for the 16th/Ballroom Dancing?

  • Marjorie Adams
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 6, 2007
      Jeez, I was wondering how long it was going to take...

      Do you guys tango?  We have only done a little bit.  Can you show us anything new?  Thomas told me tango is his favorite, so I am hoping to get something new from him.

      Switching partners is a good idea.  We regularly switch between Jacob and Kaleb at our classes--sometimes Logan too.  It is different with each one.

      ~Sara~

      "jsrose@..." <jsrose@...> wrote:
      Okay, okay, I'll chime in.

      Yes, our current plan is to come to dance on the 16th.
      Gwillim doesn't know it yet (he's not on this list), but we'll be happy to
      stay a little longer for ballroom, and we have a fair amount of music (a
      few waltzes, tangos, foxtrots, lots of swing...) already on the laptop we
      use for SCA dance. Margaret was also commending the switching partners
      idea; she and Godric took a swing class last spring where that was the
      format and they thought it worked out really well. Maybe we can even
      entice her/them to join us on the 16th with this carrot? Margaret, we'll
      drive!

      So, see you all in a little over a week!

      ~ Mel

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 6, 2007
        Just to confirm, the ballroom dancing is optional.  I just had the brainstorm that it would be awesome to utilize the space for a little extra practice since Freida, the kids and I have been taking lessons through adult ed this fall.  I don't envision a "class" really--there is not enough time.  But we will be on the look out for cool things others know that we don't so be prepared.  We just might say, "Hey, show us that."  It's all in good fun.  (But Jacob did say last night that he was going to learn as much tango from Thomas as he can--or from anyone else who can tango.)
        ~Sara~

      • Cate
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 6, 2007
          I think you and Godric, et al, should make it a point to come. I
          picked up extra copies of the handout from Frosty Revel and one is
          for you - plus I haven't seen you all in a while.
          Cate

          --- In EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com, Margaret Rochester
          <kenduskeagstream@...> wrote:

          > Unfortunantly, our plans are to go to Conneticut that weekend. We
          might be back in time, but I rather doubt it. It sounds like fun,
          too.

          > Margaret
          >
          > "jsrose@..." <jsrose@...> wrote:
          > Okay, okay, I'll chime in.
          >
          > Yes, our current plan is to come to dance on the 16th.
          > Gwillim doesn't know it yet (he's not on this list), but we'll be
          happy to
          > stay a little longer for ballroom, and we have a fair amount of
          music (a
          > few waltzes, tangos, foxtrots, lots of swing...) already on the
          laptop we
          > use for SCA dance. Margaret was also commending the switching
          partners
          > idea; she and Godric took a swing class last spring where that was
          the
          > format and they thought it worked out really well. Maybe we can even
          > entice her/them to join us on the 16th with this carrot? Margaret,
          we'll
          > drive!
          >
          > So, see you all in a little over a week!
          >
          > ~ Mel

          Search.

        • Cate
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 6, 2007
            I was hoping Thomas had joined the list by now, but it doesn't look
            like it. He did say that he would be willing to help us with
            ballroom dance steps as needed. I know nothing of ballroom dance.
            Cate

            --- In EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com, Marjorie Adams
            <jorie6568@...> wrote:

            > Jeez, I was wondering how long it was going to take...
            >
            > Do you guys tango? We have only done a little bit. Can you show
            us anything new? Thomas told me tango is his favorite, so I am
            hoping to get something new from him.

            > Switching partners is a good idea. We regularly switch between
            Jacob and Kaleb at our classes--sometimes Logan too. It is different
            with each one.

            > ~Sara~
            >

            > "jsrose@..." <jsrose@...> wrote:
            > Okay, okay, I'll chime in.
            >
            > Yes, our current plan is to come to dance on the 16th.
            > Gwillim doesn't know it yet (he's not on this list), but we'll be
            happy to
            > stay a little longer for ballroom, and we have a fair amount of
            music (a
            > few waltzes, tangos, foxtrots, lots of swing...) already on the
            laptop we
            > use for SCA dance. Margaret was also commending the switching
            partners
            > idea; she and Godric took a swing class last spring where that was
            the
            > format and they thought it worked out really well. Maybe we can even
            > entice her/them to join us on the 16th with this carrot? Margaret,
            we'll
            > drive!
            >
            > So, see you all in a little over a week!
            >
            > ~ Mel

            Try it now.

          • jsrose@gwi.net
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 6, 2007
              Well, a year ago we learned about four steps, which we have not practiced
              since. We'll be willing pupils, Thomas!

              ~ Mel