Gay Gordons...

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
      This seems to be the directions:
      (http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/cotsdca/CoupleDances.html)

      GAY GORDONS

      FORMATION- Couples in Varsovianna position (gents right arm over
      lady's shoulder holding her right hand) Move around the floor C.C.W.

      Four steps forward-both start on left foot

      Turn to face opposite way, lady on left, take four steps backwards,
      repeat in opposite direction

      Holding lady's right hand above her head, gent moves forward, taking
      short two-steps lady moves forward, turning C.W. three turns (or two
      if more convenient)

      In closed position, couple turns C.W. on four two-steps. Go back to
      Varsovianna position and repeat the whole sequence.
      ----------

      I assume "Varsovianna" position is like how we start in Korobushka,
      right?

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
        Or is it this one? They look different to me.
        Cate

        Scotland the Brave (Gay Gordon)
        -------------------------------

        Point front (L), step behind (L), to the side (R), together (L),
        point front (R),
        step behind (R), to the side (L), together (R), Point (L) front,
        Point back (L).
        Step (L,R,L), hop(landing on your L), step (R,L,R), turn
        Step (L,R,L), turn(pivot on L leads into first step on R), back
        (R,L,R), hop
        Step (L,R,L), turn, back (R,L,R), hop
        Step (L,R,L), turn, back (R,L,R), hop
        Lords walk forward turning ladies (4 Turns)
        Turn to original position and repeat

        Watch out for that lead five step, it's tricky. The turns with a
        partner also need
        consideration.

      • jorie6568@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 9, 2006
          This sounds kind of like what we did. except it
          doesn't seem to mention switching partners like we
          did...
          Sara

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • jorie6568@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 9, 2006
            If I am reading this right it seems quite different to
            me too, and not what I was talking about at all...
            Sara

            http://mail.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 10, 2006
              Someone from afar sent me this link to music for Gay Gordons.
              http://www.efolkmusic.org/ArtMusic/ViewDownload.aspx?AID=1127#
              Sound familiar to anyone?
              Cate