Re: next practice...

  • L T
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 12, 2007
      Thanks.. I'll modify the weekly calendar announcement
      to include the dance practice.

      Bryn

      --- Cate <kelley@...> wrote:

      > is on the 18th from 1-3pm at the College.
      > Cate

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • Cate
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 24, 2008
        is scheduled for March 9, Unity College, 1pm, as usual.
        Cate
      • L T
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 25, 2008
          Thank you! I'll get that on the upcoming activities
          announcement on the website.

          Bryn

          --- Cate <kelley_rambo@...> wrote:

          > is scheduled for March 9, Unity College, 1pm, as
          > usual.
          > Cate
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >
          > (Yahoo! ID required)
          >
          > mailto:EndeweardeDance-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          Looking for last minute shopping deals?
        • Cate
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 4, 2008
            Do we want to continue staying a little later to do some ballroom (if
            Thomas is still willing)? I noticed that we didn't last time, but I
            wasn't sure if that had been discussed already or not.
            Curious,
            Cate
          • Marjorie Adams

              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 5, 2008
                I would like to continue, too.
                Keith is threatening to stop out dance classes, in favor of making it
                into movie night. I'm trying to get him to do intermediate Salsa, though.

                I would also suggest that if we don't dance, we use that 1/2 hour to
                sing.

                Mel, there has been some interest from some dancers in learning some
                Endewearde camp songs. Not a performing group, just wanting to be
                able to bellow along. Maybe you and Gwillim can help?

                Clare.

                --- In EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com, Marjorie Adams <jorie6568@...>
                wrote:

                > Well, you'd have to ask those who bring the minstrels in a box. We
                would stay for a while--1/2 hr tops--because youth fighter starts at
                4(supposedly.) While we can adopt the Scadian habit of being
                fashionably late, we do need to get there before it is over. ;) And
                while we appreciate his teaching us new things, Thomas doesn't need be
                there for the rest of us to practice. And we could definitely use the
                practice since we haven't since the last time at the church in
                Fairfield...

                > Cate <kelley_rambo@...> wrote: Do we want to continue
                staying a little later to do some ballroom (if
                > Thomas is still willing)? I noticed that we didn't last time, but I
                > wasn't sure if that had been discussed already or not.
                > Curious,
                > Cate
                >

                > ---------------------------------
                Try it now.

              • Leofwyn of Whittlesey
                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 5, 2008
                  There just should be more singing in general! So yes, we need to practice those campfire type songs, so that we can really belt it out at GNE and Pennsic and anywhere else we go!

                  just my humble opinion......
                  Leo

                  wrote:

                  > Well, you'd have to ask those who bring the minstrels in a box. We
                  would stay for a while--1/2 hr tops--because youth fighter starts at
                  4(supposedly. ) While we can adopt the Scadian habit of being
                  fashionably late, we do need to get there before it is over. ;) And
                  while we appreciate his teaching us new things, Thomas doesn't need be
                  there for the rest of us to practice. And we could definitely use the
                  practice since we haven't since the last time at the church in
                  Fairfield...

                  > Cate <kelley_rambo@ ...> wrote: Do we want to continue
                  staying a little later to do some ballroom (if
                  > Thomas is still willing)? I noticed that we didn't last time, but I
                  > wasn't sure if that had been discussed already or not.
                  > Curious,
                  > Cate
                  >

                  > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                  Try it now.

                  Leofwyn

                • Marjorie Adams
                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 5, 2008
                    Yeah, loud enough to drown out those d#*n drums...

                    wrote:

                    > Well, you'd have to ask those who bring the minstrels in a box. We
                    would stay for a while--1/2 hr tops--because youth fighter starts at
                    4(supposedly. ) While we can adopt the Scadian habit of being
                    fashionably late, we do need to get there before it is over. ;) And
                    while we appreciate his teaching us new things, Thomas doesn't need be
                    there for the rest of us to practice. And we could definitely use the
                    practice since we haven't since the last time at the church in
                    Fairfield...

                    > Cate <kelley_rambo@ ...> wrote: Do we want to continue
                    staying a little later to do some ballroom (if
                    > Thomas is still willing)? I noticed that we didn't last time, but I
                    > wasn't sure if that had been discussed already or not.
                    > Curious,
                    > Cate
                    >

                    > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                    Try it now.

                    Leofwyn

                  • L T
                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 5, 2008
                      I like the drums.
                      Bryn

                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 5, 2008
                        I do too....right up until about the time I try to go to sleep! :)

                        Leo

                        L T <ladybrynmillar@...> wrote:
                        I like the drums.
                        Bryn

                        Message 11 of 15 , Mar 5, 2008
                          I like drums in moderation.  Not when they are so loud I cannot even hear myself think, let alone hear the others at our fire.  And not into the wee hours.  And not playing the SAME beat for hours and hours.  I prefer some variation.

                          Message 12 of 15 , Mar 5, 2008
                            All these are good reasons for a drummer to visit
                            someone else's camp to share their music. <smile>

                            Bryn

                            --- Marjorie Adams <jorie6568@...> wrote:

                            > I like drums in moderation. Not when they are so
                            > loud I cannot even hear myself think, let alone hear
                            > the others at our fire. And not into the wee hours.
                            > And not playing the SAME beat for hours and hours.
                            > I prefer some variation.
                            >
                            > Leofwyn of Whittlesey <elamache@...> wrote:
                            > I do too....right up until about the time I
                            > try to go to sleep! :)
                            >
                            > Leo
                            >
                            > L T <ladybrynmillar@...> wrote: I like
                            > the drums.
                            > Bryn
                            >
                            > --- Marjorie Adams <jorie6568@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > > Yeah, loud enough to drown out those d#*n drums...

                            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                          • freida smith
                            Message 13 of 15 , Mar 5, 2008
                              I use to love the beat of the drums at common ground fair so much I wanted to learn to play. then GNE destroyed it. how can anybody that was there not remember that night.

                              Message 14 of 15 , Mar 5, 2008
                                I learned to love the sound of the drums at my first
                                GNE war. I've always wanted to learn how to play them.

                                I have no idea what night you are referring to in your
                                posting ?????? (apparently I slept through whatever it
                                was...)

                                Bryn