New poll for EndeweardeDance

  • EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 15, 2006
      EndeweardeDance group:

      What is your preferred day/time for dance practice? (If none of these choices work for you, please contact Ysabiau.)
      Please select any and ALL days/times that you would be able to attend practice. Thank you!

      o 1st and 3rd Saturdays, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
      o 2nd and 4th Saturdays, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
      o 1st and 3rd Sundays, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
      o 2nd and 4th Sundays, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
      o Friday evenings, 5:00-7:00 or 6:00-8:00 p.m.

      web site listed above.

      Thanks!
    • kenduskeagstream
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 16, 2006
        I answered the poll. However, I think some discussion might help with
        scheduling as well. So here are some of my thoughts...

        First and Third vs Second and Fourth - In the grand scheme of things,
        it probably doesn't matter. 1 & 3 will conflict with the Hunt and Bare
        Blade. 2 & 4 will conflict with Thanksgiving and Christmas. My choice
        would be to set up practices 2-3 months out and just say it will be
        these dates.... And schedule it around major stuff. Doing it every
        other week-ish is good though. I'm too busy for more and if I can't
        make one I don't go too long without dance practice

        Friday/Sturday/Sunday - I don't comfortably drive at night. Friday's I
        would be dependent on carpooling or Godric. Saturday would be the best
        to combine dance day with tailor day. However, that also kills one
        more weekend day. Sunday is nice because it is already half filled
        with SCA fighter practice. Hmmm. I originally did the poll picking
        Saturday or Sunday, I think I change it to Friday or Sunday.

        Margaret
      • Christine Wright
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 16, 2006
          --- In EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com, "kenduskeagstream"
          <kenduskeagstream@...> wrote:
          > Saturday would be the best
          > to combine dance day with tailor day. However, that also kills
          one
          > more weekend day.

          The reason I posted 1st and 3rd, and 2nd and 4th, Saturdays as
          choices is that Elena works on 1st/3rd Saturdays, but can make it (I
          think) on the other ones. And Cate was wondering if it could go
          back to Sundays. That's why I wanted to give all of you the chance
          to say when you could make it, so we can arrange practices to
          include everyone.

          At this point, I'm thinking that one practice on a Saturday, and
          another on a Sunday (technically twice a month), might wind up being
          the best compromise between those who work and those who have tons
          of other stuff to do on the weekends...I will drop by today's
          practice briefly to talk about this and ask people their opinions.
          I'd like to try to make it possible for everyone to attend at least
          one practice a month.

          -Ys
        • ladybrynmillar
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 16, 2006
            Thanks to Margaret for getting the discussion going.

            No matter what schedule is set up, I think most of us may only be
            able to attend one practice per month (on average), partly due to
            location of practice and day of week offered.

            When dance is held at Unity College, I would be more inclined to
            want to make dance at 1-3 pm on Sundays (once a month) because the
            Unity College fencing practice runs 3-5 pm. I would rather travel
            out that way once on a weekend and have more than one activity to
            attend (or go to a tailor's meeting after dance). I know Seanan is
            involved in both activities and that, as a college student, he may
            consider Sunday afternoons as a block of prime time for studying.

            I am less inclined to make dance during any weeknight due to other
            commitments. Friday nights I have a prior commitment to running a
            fencing practice at UMaine (when they are in session). I agree with
            Margaret that travel during daylight hours is preferred, especially
            later this spring when we get into the day=thawed ice, night=freeze
            ice cycle on the roads (at least to initially get to the practice
            location). An occasional early saturday night dance session might go
            over well every month or two and would capture the interest of the
            local Unity College students and general community in that area (and
            that changes the nature of the practices due to the potential number
            of attendants).

            I will have commitments on either (or both) Saturday or Sunday many
            weekends this year. Jordan is mostly attending dance practices
            because he is coming along to keep me company (or so he claims --
            once at practice he has a great time).

            Either rotating schedule on saturdays works for me since I can't
            make all practices. I do like the 1-3 pm time frame -- late enough
            to sleep in a bit and time to get out to travel to the practice
            location. Having something extra to do locally before or afterwards
            is a bonus.

            Bryn

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
              EndeweardeDance group:

              We have once again been asked to start our dance workshops at noon on Sundays, and ending at 2pm. Are you in favor of this change?

              Everyone on this list has a vote, but I'd appreciate hearing from the folks that actually show up at the dance workshops on a regular basis.

              o Yes, I'm OK with our workshops running from noon till 2pm.
              o No, please keep the workshops in the current time slot.

              web site listed above.

              Thanks!
            • EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
                EndeweardeDance group:

                Do you wnat to change the start time of the dance workshops to noon?

                o Yes
                o No

                web site listed above.

                Thanks!
              • L T
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 2, 2009
                  Hi,

                  I won't submit a vote since I'm not able to attend as a "regular" at this practice. Either a noon or 1 pm start time for dance practice works out well for me when I'm able to come and dance.

                  If someone can let me know if the start time changes for dance practice that would be sweet - I can update the times on the shire website calendars.

                  Lisa