Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: Future dance practices

Expand Messages
  • Kelley
    Is that because you re preparing for something special or some other reason? Would you have suggestions for other practice dates? Cate ... unavailable
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 11, 2007
      Is that because you're preparing for something special or some other
      reason? Would you have suggestions for other practice dates?
      Cate

      --- In EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com, "Melisaunde d-Ione"
      <jsrose@...> wrote:
      >
      > This should not affect anyone else's decisions, but just FYI, as long
      > as practices are being held on weekends Gwillim & I will be
      unavailable
      > until after GNEW.
      >
      > Glad to hear yesterday went well.
      >
      > ~ Mel
      >
    • Jae Rose
      Well, next weekend is Father s Day, which we re spending with my dad. The following weekend is for last-minute logistics, and the 29th is our wedding. Then
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 11, 2007
        Well, next weekend is Father's Day, which we're spending with my dad.  The following weekend is for last-minute logistics, and the 29th is our wedding.  Then we're on our honeymoon for 10 days, then there's GNEW.  So... we won't be at dance practice before then.  Actually, now that I think about it, there's only one weekend between GNEW and Pennsic, when we'll probably be prepping.  So I guess I should say that we won't be available for dance practice until after Pennsic -- yeesh! 
        As for "other practice dates", I shouldn't have suggested that we consider another day.  We're just too busy.  You know what they say about 'real life' continually getting in the way!
        We'll expect you guys to teach us all kinds of new stuff when we resurface.
         
        ~ Mel
         
        ----- Original Message -----
        From: Kelley
        Sent: Monday, June 11, 2007 6:47 PM
        Subject: [EndeweardeDance] Re: Future dance practices

        Is that because you're preparing for something special or some other
        reason? Would you have suggestions for other practice dates?
        Cate

        --- In EndeweardeDance@ yahoogroups. com, "Melisaunde d-Ione"
        <jsrose@...> wrote:
        >
        > This should not affect anyone else's decisions, but just FYI, as long
        > as practices are being held on weekends Gwillim & I will be
        unavailable
        > until after GNEW.
        >
        > Glad to hear yesterday went well.
        >
        > ~ Mel

        _._,___
      • Wendi
        Hi all, I can do practically any (all) of the dates Kate offered, but I can not make the demo. Which is such a shame, since y all know how much I like to
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 13, 2007
          Hi all,
          I can do practically any (all) of the dates Kate offered, but I can
          not make the demo. Which is such a shame, since y'all know how much I
          like to dress up. Saturday is Aiden's last soccer game and my in-laws
          arrive that night.

          I would love to learn those new dances for GNEW! So, as many
          practices as possible, please.

          Gwen.

          --- In EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com, "Jae Rose" <jsrose@...> wrote:
          >
          > Well, next weekend is Father's Day, which we're spending with my
          dad. The following weekend is for last-minute logistics, and the 29th
          is our wedding. Then we're on our honeymoon for 10 days, then there's
          GNEW. So... we won't be at dance practice before then. Actually, now
          that I think about it, there's only one weekend between GNEW and
          Pennsic, when we'll probably be prepping. So I guess I should say
          that we won't be available for dance practice until after Pennsic --
          yeesh!
          > As for "other practice dates", I shouldn't have suggested that we
          consider another day. We're just too busy. You know what they say
          about 'real life' continually getting in the way!
          > We'll expect you guys to teach us all kinds of new stuff when we
          resurface.
          >
          > ~ Mel
          >
          > ----- Original Message -----
          > From: Kelley
          > To: EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com
          > Sent: Monday, June 11, 2007 6:47 PM
          > Subject: [EndeweardeDance] Re: Future dance practices
          >
          >
          > Is that because you're preparing for something special or some other
          > reason? Would you have suggestions for other practice dates?
          > Cate
          >
          > --- In EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com, "Melisaunde d-Ione"
          > <jsrose@> wrote:
          > >
          > > This should not affect anyone else's decisions, but just FYI, as
          long
          > > as practices are being held on weekends Gwillim & I will be
          > unavailable
          > > until after GNEW.
          > >
          > > Glad to hear yesterday went well.
          > >
          > > ~ Mel
          >
          > _._,___
          >
        • Margaret Rochester
          I m pretty swamped for weekends too. 16 & 17 is demo and Father s Day - though I could do after the demo 22 - 24 is the Houlton event 30th we will probably be
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 13, 2007
            I'm pretty swamped for weekends too. 
            16 & 17 is demo and Father's Day - though I could do after the demo
            22 - 24 is the Houlton event
            30th we will probably be in Standish for the Malagentian fighter practice
            1st is a possibility, but we are probably going to be getting two kids to two different camps that day
            7th I'm free
            8th I have plans
             
            What do people think of weekday evenings?  I could do Wednesdays, Thursdays and some Fridays.
             
            Margaret

            Wendi <lobster_kelaguen@...> wrote:
            Hi all,
            I can do practically any (all) of the dates Kate offered, but I can
            not make the demo. Which is such a shame, since y'all know how much I
            like to dress up. Saturday is Aiden's last soccer game and my in-laws
            arrive that night.

            I would love to learn those new dances for GNEW! So, as many
            practices as possible, please.

            Gwen.

            --- In EndeweardeDance@ yahoogroups. com, "Jae Rose" <jsrose@...> wrote:
            >
            > Well, next weekend is Father's Day, which we're spending with my
            dad. The following weekend is for last-minute logistics, and the 29th
            is our wedding. Then we're on our honeymoon for 10 days, then there's
            GNEW. So... we won't be at dance practice before then. Actually, now
            that I think about it, there's only one weekend between GNEW and
            Pennsic, when we'll probably be prepping. So I guess I should say
            that we won't be available for dance practice until after Pennsic --
            yeesh!
            > As for "other practice dates", I shouldn't have suggested that we
            consider another day. We're just too busy. You know what they say
            about 'real life' continually getting in the way!
            > We'll expect you guys to teach us all kinds of new stuff when we
            resurface.
            >
            > ~ Mel
            >
            > ----- Original Message -----
            > From: Kelley
            > To: EndeweardeDance@ yahoogroups. com
            > Sent: Monday, June 11, 2007 6:47 PM
            > Subject: [EndeweardeDance] Re: Future dance practices
            >
            >
            > Is that because you're preparing for something special or some other
            > reason? Would you have suggestions for other practice dates?
            > Cate
            >
            > --- In EndeweardeDance@ yahoogroups. com, "Melisaunde d-Ione"
            > <jsrose@> wrote:
            > >
            > > This should not affect anyone else's decisions, but just FYI, as
            long
            > > as practices are being held on weekends Gwillim & I will be
            > unavailable
            > > until after GNEW.
            > >
            > > Glad to hear yesterday went well.
            > >
            > > ~ Mel
            >
            > _._,___
            >



            Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!

          • Kelley
            I could do Friday evenings. There is a contra dance in Belfast on th 29th I may go to, though. Cate ... demo ... practice ... kids to two different camps that
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 13, 2007
              I could do Friday evenings. There is a contra dance in Belfast on th
              29th I may go to, though.

              Cate

              --- In EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com, Margaret Rochester
              <kenduskeagstream@...> wrote:
              >
              > I'm pretty swamped for weekends too.
              > 16 & 17 is demo and Father's Day - though I could do after the
              demo
              > 22 - 24 is the Houlton event
              > 30th we will probably be in Standish for the Malagentian fighter
              practice
              > 1st is a possibility, but we are probably going to be getting two
              kids to two different camps that day
              > 7th I'm free
              > 8th I have plans
              >
              > What do people think of weekday evenings? I could do Wednesdays,
              Thursdays and some Fridays.
              >
              > Margaret
              >
              > Wendi <lobster_kelaguen@...> wrote:
              > Hi all,
              > I can do practically any (all) of the dates Kate offered, but I can
              > not make the demo. Which is such a shame, since y'all know how much
              I
              > like to dress up. Saturday is Aiden's last soccer game and my in-
              laws
              > arrive that night.
              >
              > I would love to learn those new dances for GNEW! So, as many
              > practices as possible, please.
              >
              > Gwen.
              >
              > --- In EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com, "Jae Rose" <jsrose@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Well, next weekend is Father's Day, which we're spending with my
              > dad. The following weekend is for last-minute logistics, and the
              29th
              > is our wedding. Then we're on our honeymoon for 10 days, then
              there's
              > GNEW. So... we won't be at dance practice before then. Actually, now
              > that I think about it, there's only one weekend between GNEW and
              > Pennsic, when we'll probably be prepping. So I guess I should say
              > that we won't be available for dance practice until after Pennsic --
              > yeesh!
              > > As for "other practice dates", I shouldn't have suggested that we
              > consider another day. We're just too busy. You know what they say
              > about 'real life' continually getting in the way!
              > > We'll expect you guys to teach us all kinds of new stuff when we
              > resurface.
              > >
              > > ~ Mel
              > >
              > > ----- Original Message -----
              > > From: Kelley
              > > To: EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com
              > > Sent: Monday, June 11, 2007 6:47 PM
              > > Subject: [EndeweardeDance] Re: Future dance practices
              > >
              > >
              > > Is that because you're preparing for something special or some
              other
              > > reason? Would you have suggestions for other practice dates?
              > > Cate
              > >
              > > --- In EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com, "Melisaunde d-Ione"
              > > <jsrose@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > This should not affect anyone else's decisions, but just FYI, as
              > long
              > > > as practices are being held on weekends Gwillim & I will be
              > > unavailable
              > > > until after GNEW.
              > > >
              > > > Glad to hear yesterday went well.
              > > >
              > > > ~ Mel
              > >
              > > _._,___
              > >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              > ---------------------------------
              > Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel
              today!
              >
            • Sara of Stoneleigh
              ... Thursdays and some Fridays. ... The kids and I could do weekday evenings. Wednesday would probably be best just thinking off the top of my head, but I m
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 16, 2007
                --- In EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com, Margaret Rochester
                <kenduskeagstream@...> wrote:

                > What do people think of weekday evenings? I could do Wednesdays,
                Thursdays and some Fridays.
                >
                > Margaret

                The kids and I could do weekday evenings. Wednesday would probably be
                best just thinking off the top of my head, but I'm sure I could do
                other nights.
                Sara
              • Kelley
                Friday is the only evening I can go anywhere - I m in Waldoboro until 5 or 6 the other evenings. Want to meet next week? (Just throwing that out). Anello
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 16, 2007
                  Friday is the only evening I can go anywhere - I'm in Waldoboro
                  until 5 or 6 the other evenings. Want to meet next week? (Just
                  throwing that out). Anello and Amoroso look fairly easy - I think
                  I've seen Anello before - it looks like they do a little rise on
                  their feet several times during the dance (hopping dance??) - that's
                  if I am interpreting the terms right.

                  Cate

                  --- In EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com, "Sara of Stoneleigh"
                  <jorie6568@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > --- In EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com, Margaret Rochester
                  > <kenduskeagstream@> wrote:
                  >
                  > > What do people think of weekday evenings? I could do
                  Wednesdays,
                  > Thursdays and some Fridays.
                  > >
                  > > Margaret
                  >
                  > The kids and I could do weekday evenings. Wednesday would
                  probably be
                  > best just thinking off the top of my head, but I'm sure I could do
                  > other nights.
                  > Sara
                  >
                • Kelley
                  Note from Mickel re: Belle Qui: Hi! Yep - the dance we traditionally do to Belle Qui is the Carolingian Pavan:
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 17, 2007
                    Note from Mickel re: Belle Qui:

                    Hi!

                    Yep - the dance we traditionally do to "Belle Qui" is the Carolingian
                    Pavan:
                    http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/dance/Carolingian_Pavane.html

                    Mickel


                    As for dance practice night, we have a vote for a Wed evening. Mickel
                    did say that she would be teaching the dances earlier in the evening, I
                    think it was around 6:30.
                    Cate
                  • Marjorie Adams
                    I could do Friday night too--just not EVERY Friday night. I think Margaret said Fridays were a possibility for her. And Cate said that night was the only one
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 17, 2007
                      I could do Friday night too--just not EVERY Friday night.  I think Margaret said Fridays were a possibility for her.  And Cate said that night was the only one she could do.  So maybe we should run with that idea.  What about everyone else? And would the Gazebo be available?
                       
                      As far as the New Moon Ball at GNE is concerned, I believe the Pas is also Friday night, though it starts earlier than the Ball--probably around the time of the dance instruction.  (It is my understanding that Endewearde is in charge of the Pas.) I did part of both last year.  Actually I was at the Pas when Jacob came and took me off to dance. 

                      Kelley <kelley@...> wrote:
                      Note from Mickel re: Belle Qui:

                      Hi!

                      Yep - the dance we traditionally do to "Belle Qui" is the Carolingian
                      Pavan:
                      http://www.pbm. com/~lindahl/ dance/Carolingia n_Pavane. html

                      Mickel

                      As for dance practice night, we have a vote for a Wed evening. Mickel
                      did say that she would be teaching the dances earlier in the evening, I
                      think it was around 6:30.
                      Cate



                      Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more.

                    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.