Future dance practices

  • Melisaunde d-Ione
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 11, 2007
      This should not affect anyone else's decisions, but just FYI, as long
      as practices are being held on weekends Gwillim & I will be unavailable
      until after GNEW.

      Glad to hear yesterday went well.

      ~ Mel
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 11, 2007
        Is that because you're preparing for something special or some other
        reason? Would you have suggestions for other practice dates?
        Cate

        --- In EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com, "Melisaunde d-Ione"
        <jsrose@...> wrote:

        > This should not affect anyone else's decisions, but just FYI, as long
        > as practices are being held on weekends Gwillim & I will be
        unavailable
        > until after GNEW.
        >
        > Glad to hear yesterday went well.
        >
        > ~ Mel

      • Jae Rose
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 11, 2007
          Well, next weekend is Father's Day, which we're spending with my dad.  The following weekend is for last-minute logistics, and the 29th is our wedding.  Then we're on our honeymoon for 10 days, then there's GNEW.  So... we won't be at dance practice before then.  Actually, now that I think about it, there's only one weekend between GNEW and Pennsic, when we'll probably be prepping.  So I guess I should say that we won't be available for dance practice until after Pennsic -- yeesh!
          As for "other practice dates", I shouldn't have suggested that we consider another day.  We're just too busy.  You know what they say about 'real life' continually getting in the way!
          We'll expect you guys to teach us all kinds of new stuff when we resurface.

          <jsrose@...> wrote:

          > This should not affect anyone else's decisions, but just FYI, as long
          > as practices are being held on weekends Gwillim & I will be
          unavailable
          > until after GNEW.
          >
          > Glad to hear yesterday went well.
          >
          > ~ Mel

          _._,___
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 13, 2007
            Hi all,
            I can do practically any (all) of the dates Kate offered, but I can
            not make the demo. Which is such a shame, since y'all know how much I
            like to dress up. Saturday is Aiden's last soccer game and my in-laws
            arrive that night.

            I would love to learn those new dances for GNEW! So, as many
            practices as possible, please.

            Gwen.

            --- In EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com, "Jae Rose" <jsrose@...> wrote:

            > Well, next weekend is Father's Day, which we're spending with my
            dad. The following weekend is for last-minute logistics, and the 29th
            is our wedding. Then we're on our honeymoon for 10 days, then there's
            GNEW. So... we won't be at dance practice before then. Actually, now
            that I think about it, there's only one weekend between GNEW and
            Pennsic, when we'll probably be prepping. So I guess I should say
            that we won't be available for dance practice until after Pennsic --
            yeesh!
            > As for "other practice dates", I shouldn't have suggested that we
            consider another day. We're just too busy. You know what they say
            about 'real life' continually getting in the way!
            > We'll expect you guys to teach us all kinds of new stuff when we
            resurface.

            > ~ Mel

          • Margaret Rochester
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 13, 2007
              I'm pretty swamped for weekends too.
              16 & 17 is demo and Father's Day - though I could do after the demo
              22 - 24 is the Houlton event
              30th we will probably be in Standish for the Malagentian fighter practice
              1st is a possibility, but we are probably going to be getting two kids to two different camps that day
              7th I'm free
              8th I have plans

              What do people think of weekday evenings?  I could do Wednesdays, Thursdays and some Fridays.

              Margaret

              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 13, 2007
                I could do Friday evenings. There is a contra dance in Belfast on th
                29th I may go to, though.

                Cate

                --- In EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com, Margaret Rochester
                <kenduskeagstream@...> wrote:

                > I'm pretty swamped for weekends too.
                > 16 & 17 is demo and Father's Day - though I could do after the
                demo
                > 22 - 24 is the Houlton event
                > 30th we will probably be in Standish for the Malagentian fighter
                practice
                > 1st is a possibility, but we are probably going to be getting two
                kids to two different camps that day
                > 7th I'm free
                > 8th I have plans
                >
                > What do people think of weekday evenings? I could do Wednesdays,
                Thursdays and some Fridays.

                > Margaret
                >
                > Wendi <lobster_kelaguen@...> wrote:
                > Hi all,
                > I can do practically any (all) of the dates Kate offered, but I can
                > not make the demo. Which is such a shame, since y'all know how much
                > like to dress up. Saturday is Aiden's last soccer game and my in-
                laws
                > arrive that night.
                >
                > I would love to learn those new dances for GNEW! So, as many
                > practices as possible, please.
                >
                > Gwen.
                >
                > --- In EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com, "Jae Rose" <jsrose@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Well, next weekend is Father's Day, which we're spending with my
                > dad. The following weekend is for last-minute logistics, and the
                29th
                > is our wedding. Then we're on our honeymoon for 10 days, then
                there's
                > GNEW. So... we won't be at dance practice before then. Actually, now
                > that I think about it, there's only one weekend between GNEW and
                > Pennsic, when we'll probably be prepping. So I guess I should say
                > that we won't be available for dance practice until after Pennsic --
                > yeesh!
                > > As for "other practice dates", I shouldn't have suggested that we
                > consider another day. We're just too busy. You know what they say
                > about 'real life' continually getting in the way!
                > > We'll expect you guys to teach us all kinds of new stuff when we
                > resurface.
                > >
                > > ~ Mel

              • Sara of Stoneleigh
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 16, 2007
                  <kenduskeagstream@...> wrote:

                  > What do people think of weekday evenings? I could do Wednesdays,
                  Thursdays and some Fridays.

                  > Margaret

                  The kids and I could do weekday evenings. Wednesday would probably be
                  best just thinking off the top of my head, but I'm sure I could do
                  other nights.
                  Sara
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 16, 2007
                    Friday is the only evening I can go anywhere - I'm in Waldoboro
                    until 5 or 6 the other evenings. Want to meet next week? (Just
                    throwing that out). Anello and Amoroso look fairly easy - I think
                    I've seen Anello before - it looks like they do a little rise on
                    their feet several times during the dance (hopping dance??) - that's
                    if I am interpreting the terms right.

                    Cate

                    --- In EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com, "Sara of Stoneleigh"

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 17, 2007
                      Note from Mickel re: Belle Qui:

                      Hi!

                      Yep - the dance we traditionally do to "Belle Qui" is the Carolingian
                      Pavan:
                      http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/dance/Carolingian_Pavane.html

                      Mickel

                      As for dance practice night, we have a vote for a Wed evening. Mickel
                      did say that she would be teaching the dances earlier in the evening, I
                      think it was around 6:30.
                      Cate
                    • Marjorie Adams