931Re: Future of Unity Dance Workshops

  • lobster_kelaguen
    May 21, 2010
      Dance practice, being the strongest tie I have to the SCA right now, is very important to me. I don't want anyone to think that because I won't step up, I'm apathetic. A new job and ongoing instability here do not leave a lot of time for other things. It is one thing to just show up and have fun (thanks Dance Master!), but another to be the one responsible. I personally don't have the confidence or knowledge, let alone time, to lead. I will miss seeing you all. Hopefully, we can pick up again next fall or winter, if schedules allow. If someone would like to take the lead, I'd be happy to help with finding space in Fairfield during the summer.

      I won't be at GNEW. I'll be away in WA visiting family. Maybe someday something will eventually give and I'll be able to do more with the SCA. I'd hate to lose touch with all the very nice people I've met through it.

      Take Care All,
      Clare

      --- In EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com, "saraofstoneleigh" <jorie6568@...> wrote:

      > Apparently I was under the same misconception as well.(?) I thought Gwillim implied that you guys would be unavailable, and unless someone else was available and willing to step in to run it, that there would be no practice in Unity until further notice. Was I wrong? Thomas and I have been busy between building house and moving and, of course, the wedding. We would take time for dance practice--as a general rule--but are not yet set up to fill in to run any (no music!)
      >
      > However, Kaleb is hoping to get in one last fighter practice before Panteria so we would not be attending dance practice this Sunday. The following week we will be in Panther Vale. As for June, Hadrian's Keep is hoping for a dance practice before their demo during Waldoboro Days. I assume they want it on a weekend and would have to be before the 19th. (Will you be available to do that, Cate? Or should we plan on making that happen for them?)
      >
      > So there is my $.02.
      >
      > Sara
      >
      > --- In EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com, "catetredheves" <kelley_rambo@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Did I read Gwillim's post wrong? It sounded like you guys were busy and not able to come down for a while. Maybe I misread it.
      > > Cate
      > >

      > > --- In EndeweardeDance@yahoogroups.com, "Melisaunde" <jsrose@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Maybe I'm jumping the gun here, but I have a ridiculously busy week and need to know what needs to get fit in.
      > > >
      > > > I haven't heard anything from anybody about interest in dancing down there. So I'm assuming there's no practice this weekend?
      > > >
      > > > ~ Mel

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic