Midis for beginners?

  • Shell
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
      Please does anyone know of any midi files of ragtime tunes that have been simplified for
      beginners? Perhaps a sheet music shop that has midis of their beginners pieces or
      something? Would be very grateful, the easier the better.
      Thanks,
      Shell.

      It has removed 1698 spam emails to date.
    • RsH
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
        Try doing a web search for Scott Joplin's exercises for beginners :-)
        http://members.aol.com/isschwartz/school.html
        has 6 exercises for starters.

        "King Of Ragtime For Easy Piano" is a title to search for. 12 of Joplin's
        rags, simplified.

        These are not quite beginner's pieces, according to the write-ups you will
        find. Before playing ragged time one should learn to play un-ragged time in
        any case, so a real beginner likely will not start with rags, or should not
        start with rags... if they mean to play other types of music as well.

        Also look at the various rags in the university libraries that can be
        downloaded as image files and then printed out. There are LOTS of those out
        there. Most, if not all, are simplified when compared to how they actually
        were played, as otherwise the common player/buyer would not have been able
        to play them. Beginners pieces they may not be, however you CAN simplify
        them yourself down to a melody sort of line and work up from there with a
        number of them.

        RsH

        On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 08:39:28 +0100, you wrote:

        >Please does anyone know of any midi files of ragtime tunes that have been simplified for
        >beginners? Perhaps a sheet music shop that has midis of their beginners pieces or
        >something? Would be very grateful, the easier the better.
        >Thanks,
        >Shell.
      • Shell
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
          Thanks, I'll try those links.
          Shell.

          Try doing a web search for Scott Joplin's exercises for beginners :-)
          http://members.aol.com/isschwartz/school.html
          has 6 exercises for starters.

          "King Of Ragtime For Easy Piano" is a title to search for. 12 of Joplin's
          rags, simplified.

          These are not quite beginner's pieces, according to the write-ups you will
          find. Before playing ragged time one should learn to play un-ragged time in
          any case, so a real beginner likely will not start with rags, or should not
          start with rags... if they mean to play other types of music as well.

          Also look at the various rags in the university libraries that can be
          downloaded as image files and then printed out. There are LOTS of those out
          there. Most, if not all, are simplified when compared to how they actually
          were played, as otherwise the common player/buyer would not have been able
          to play them. Beginners pieces they may not be, however you CAN simplify
          them yourself down to a melody sort of line and work up from there with a
          number of them.

          RsH

          On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 08:39:28 +0100, you wrote:

          >Please does anyone know of any midi files of ragtime tunes that have been simplified for
          >beginners? Perhaps a sheet music shop that has midis of their beginners pieces or
          >something? Would be very grateful, the easier the better.
          >Thanks,
          >Shell.

          It has removed 1704 spam emails to date.