Hi

  • Fred M. Cain
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 10, 2005
      I was on that other group when people started flinging racial slurs
      and epithets. It is my sincere hope that that won't happen here and
      if it does the purpatrators will be first give a stern warning and
      then, if they persist, banned.

      My next question is, how can we get new group members? I will do what
      I can.

      Regards,
      Fred M. Cain,
      Topeka, Indiana,
      Life-Long Ragtime devotee
    • Bryan Wright
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 10, 2005
        Hi, Fred.

        Good to see you here. My hope is that with this group we can carry on
        decent, respectful, discussions of ragtime music. To help keep things
        in order, we have two moderators.

        As for recruiting new members--let your friends know about the group :)
        I will shortly be advertising the group on my ragtime radio station
        web page:

        http://www.ragtimeradio.org

        Bryan W.

        On Oct 10, 2005, at 10:18 AM, Fred M. Cain wrote:

        > I was on that other group when people started flinging racial slurs
        > and epithets. It is my sincere hope that that won't happen here and
        > if it does the purpatrators will be first give a stern warning and
        > then, if they persist, banned.
        >
        > My next question is, how can we get new group members? I will do what
        > I can.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Fred M. Cain,
        > Topeka, Indiana,
        > Life-Long Ragtime devotee
      • Anthony Ellis
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 26, 2006
          Earlier today I posted a topic, but really didn't see it on there.  I'm still trying to get the hang of this.  Well I guess I could begin with a question.  What rag are you all currently trying to learn?  Right now I'm trying to learn the collaborative work of Joplin and Chauvin's Heliotrope Bouqet.  I absolutely love the a strain, the b too.  I believe those were the "Chauvin" strains while c and d were Joplin's.

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • purple_bovine
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 27, 2006
            --- In EliteSyncopations@yahoogroups.com, Anthony Ellis
            <professor_bryce@...> wrote:

            > Earlier today I posted a topic, but really didn't see it on there.
            >I'm still trying to get the hang of this. Well I guess I could begin
            >with a question. What rag are you all currently trying to learn?
            >Right now I'm trying to learn the collaborative work of Joplin and
            >Chauvin's Heliotrope Bouqet. I absolutely love the a strain, the b
            >too. I believe those were the "Chauvin" strains while c and d were
            >Joplin's.

            Hey, cool! I'm learning that one too. That, and May Aufderheide's
            "Thriller Rag". And I'd like to learn more James Scott rags, but
            haven't really decided which one I'd like to do next. (I know "Frog
            Legs" and "Grace and Beauty" and love them both...) So I'm at the
            happy stage of leafing through sheetmusic (and websites) and doing
            lots of sightreading, trying to find something nice to learn.

            Larisa