Re: [EliteSyncopations] Re: Ragtime Rendezvous, 2/3/2013, 5:30 pm

  • Bryan Cather
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2013
      Actually this one's been postponed a week due to the Super Bowl.  Dressel's Pub always has a huge Super Bowl Party and because of that we bump it to the Second Sunday of the month.

      That being said, I just got back from a wonderful performance by Bryan Wright, performing in the wonderful acoustics of Trinity Episcopal Church here in St Louis. As always Bryan's playing was magnificnet and to say he absolutely delighted the audience would be a colossal understatement.

      A particular treat for all of us was the presence in the audience  of Max Lakeman from Uterecht, in the Netherlands.  Max is the person behind the "WelteMax" videos on YouTube and this was his first visit to the United States, coming specifically to attend this concert and partake of "Real American Ragtime"  He was, as he put it "absolutely thrilled"

      BryanC