Fats Waller Project: New PAUL ASARO Release from Rivermont

  • Bryan Wright
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2012
      Please forgive another shameless plug, but my Rivermont label has a
      brand-new vinyl LP release (also on CD) that I think may be of
      interest to EliteSyncopations members. It's an album saluting Fats
      Waller and His Rhythm, played by Paul Asaro and The Fat Babies, a
      terrific young Chicago jazz group. I know I'm biased, but these guys
      *really* get it! They have that 1930s small group swing down -- and
      most of you already know Paul Asaro's chops as a stride pianist! Paul
      led the session and really captures the humor of Fats's vocal delivery
      without imitating Fats. The rest of the band includes John Otto
      (reeds), Andy Schumm (cornet), Jake Sanders (guitar), Beau Sample
      (bass), and Alex Hall (guitar).

      Please stop by the Rivermont website and take look and a listen. The
      record is called "What a Heavenly Dream: The Fats Waller Rhythm
      Project" by Paul Asaro and The Fat Babies. It's available in crystal-
      clear vinyl or standard black vinyl -- and all vinyl orders include a
      complimentary copy of the CD as well.

      http://www.rivermontrecords.com

      We've also got new CD reissues of vintage recordings by novelty
      pianist Frank Westphal and His Orchestra and The Shannon Quartet as
      well, with terrific booklets by Mark Berresford (VJM) and Glenn
      Robison (Rapidly Rotating Records), respectively.

      Thank you for your purchases and encouragement that enable Rivermont
      to keep going!

      Thanks,
      Bryan W.