Re: Gary Davis

  • FredC
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 1, 2012
      Bill,

      I will try that. The reason I didn't was that I was somewhat pessimistic about getting an answer. It seems you so rarely get an e-mail response when you send someone an e-mail to an address posted on a site like that.

      What happens is they end up getting hammered by so much spam that they stop checking their messages.

      Can't say that I'd blame 'em.

      Regards,
      Fred M. Cain

      --- In EliteSyncopations@yahoogroups.com, "jazzpianist" <perfbill@...> wrote:

      > I would think the person to ask is Gary himself, as you discovered his site. The email, clearly posted on that site, is
      >
      > garizona at yahoo dot com
      >
      > That should get you what you are looking for.
      >
      > Bill E.
      >
      > --- In EliteSyncopations@yahoogroups.com, "FredC" <fredmcain2003@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I don't know who put "Whiskey Row Rag" on here but do you know if more of his pieces are available?
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > > Fred M. Cain
      > >
      > > --- In EliteSyncopations@yahoogroups.com, "Neil" <neilblaze80@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I'm glad that Gary is getting more recognition. I recorded "Whiskey Row Rag" on my first album back in 2000. He's originally from Arizona but has since moved up to Washington State with his girlfriend.
      > > >
      > > > Neil Blaze

    • Neil
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 2, 2012
        Fred,

        Gary would love to hear from you, I'm sure, just as he enjoys meeting others who enjoy this music. By the way, he does have a folio available for sale (not sure of the price) containing six of his wonderful rags.

        Best,
        Neil