turning on solenoid with reed relay

  • markallen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11, 2001
      Hi,

      I have a circuit that tries to run a solenoid by using a reed relay
      to connect the power. The circuit+relay works fine if I try and
      connect a motor, and the solenoid works fine if I just connect it
      direct to the power source. it seems like maybe my relay is switching
      on and off really fast instead of just staying on, does this seem
      possible and could it be the problem?

      any advice appreciated,

      Mark