Re: [Electronics_101] 1/4" - rca jacks

  • Larry Hendry
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2001
      Normally this is not possible for both jacks. One of the normal
      functions of the 1/4' jacks in guitar pedals is to make up the ground
      side of the battery connection effectively turning the pedal "ON"
      That is why you should always unplug your cables when not in use to
      save your battery. Since the RCA jack does not have a switch (not
      any I have seen), the 1/4" phone cannot be directly replaced.

      1/4" phone male to 1/4 RCA female adapters are plentiful and cheap.
      Larry Hendry

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/