silver solder

  • kg6wni
    Message 1 of 43 , May 27, 2014

       I'm getting ready to put a small hamradio together. And I'm just wondering if using silver solder would have any advantages or enough of and edvantage to used instead of lead solder.

        Thank's Leo

      kg6wni@...

    • Roland Harriston
      Message 43 of 43 , May 29, 2014
        Jong :

        You are correct about the cat converter problem.

        But we still have to deal with lead in our bloodstreams.
        This is more important (IMHO) than a cat converter I can have replaced at any half-decent muffler shop.

        My point is, and always has been, that for most of us, the lead in lead-tin solder is not thinking
        about. Same with this "whiskers" thing.

        Of course if a person has particular health problems, that's a cat with different spots.

        Regards,

        Roland F. Harriston, P.D.
        On 5/29/2014 2:09 PM, Jong Kung jongkung01@... [Electronics_101] wrote:

        Roland,

        I forgot there's always some amount of mineral and metal in these things - by natural means when they were dug out of the ground.