Shocker Pen

  • sjohns10@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2001
      Hello,
      I saw this really cool shocking pen at the store yesterday,(you
      push down the top and it gives you a good jolt) but it was $30. Does
      anyone here have or know where I could get a schematic to make
      something like that? Thanks.
    • Larry Hendry
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2001
        I think most of these things are very simple. I recently had a
        cigarette lighter just like that that ran on one AAA battery.
        Usually, they only contain a coil. They work just like the coils in
        autombiles. You energize the coil with the battery. When you open
        the circuit and the coil is de-energized, the lines of flux collapse
        and produce a very high voltage for a very short duration. This is
        the way high voltages for spark plugs are derrived from 12 volt
        batteries. My older brother gave me this lesson once (40 years
        ago)with a model "A" coil he had wired to a chair in his room with a
        battery and tap switch.
        Larry Hendry

        --- sjohns10@... wrote:
        > Hello,
        > I saw this really cool shocking pen at the store yesterday,(you
        > push down the top and it gives you a good jolt) but it was $30.
        > Does
        > anyone here have or know where I could get a schematic to make
        > something like that? Thanks.

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • markallen
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3, 2001
          I just saw a kit to make a little shock device, try this link >

          http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd=action&key=TS4

          Have Fun!

          Mark