Component tester

  • Steve Greenfield
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 26, 2013
      I felt it was appropriate to start a new thread about the transistor/capacitor/inductor testers sold on eBay. Note: It is NOT enough to simply change the subject line, you must start an entirely new message.

      I bought one from a German eBay seller, and immediately after I paid, he sent me this link:

      <http://www.mikrocontroller.net/articles/AVR_Transistortester#Downloads_.28english.29>

      I've only just perused the files, it looks like it is all there, hardware and software. Maybe even Eagle SCH and BRD files. Fairly detailed description of its operation.

      The weird thing is, the one I bought uses a PIC, but the open source plans he sent me are for an ATmel AVR based version.

      Download the GNU Tarball here, then opened in free 7-Zip:
      <http://www.mikrocontroller.net/svnbrowser/transistortester/>

      Steve Greenfield AE7HD

      --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, Jong Kung <jongkung01@...> wrote:

      > Anybody know what is the basic theory of operation in these thing - behind the scene?
      > Do they put the inductor (DUT) in series with a known resistor, parallel with a known capacitor, measure V rise and fall time, etc???

      <http://www.ebay.ch/itm/261192428249?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649>

      Steve Greenfield AE7HD
      http://www.linkedin.com/in/stevenjgreenfield
    • AlienRelics
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 26, 2013
        You won't find the latest version of the circuit description by searching the web for it. The file ttester_eng108k.pdf is inside the GNU Tarball as linked to below.

        After unpacking, it is in transistortester/Doku/Tags

        The ReadMe file for it says:

        Since the firmware's size exceeds 16kB Flash some features are only enabled for the ATmega328/P:
        - inductance measurement
        - Zener voltage measurement (hardware option)

        Steve Greenfield AE7HD