Re: [Electronics_101] getting at atx p/s to turn on

  • Chris Tofu
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 17, 2013
      There's only one green wire, on the mobo harness. 4th from the left, clip up, staring at the connectors receptacles.

      There's another small harness, 2 wires, blue and black, terminating in a 3 connector cable. Is there something there I should ground possibly?

      Thanks but.

      ------------------------------
      On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 10:39 PM PDT Mr. Wolf wrote:

      >you have to ground the green wire to turn it on.. thats what the case
      >button does. unlike at days of dpdt ac mains.
      >
      >On 8/17/13, Chris Tofu <rampaginggreenhulk@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> This question has more then specific applicability (or the answer rather).
      >>
      >> I have a weirdo extern usb hard drive cable. It accomodates most anything,
      >> or is purported to, but the desktop h/d portion requires an ancillary p/s,
      >> and the sata portion requires that also and another data cable. Problem is
      >> p/s doesn't seem to turn on. It's a brand new antec, but it's been sitting
      >> in the box for 8 - 9 years. Is the power needed by a h/d insufficient for it
      >> to turn over?

    • Mr. Wolf
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 18, 2013
        like this with a jumper wire will do it.

        http://deron.meranda.us/create/case-modding/avocet/water-pump/atx-power-bypass.jpg