Re: 7 segment CA display adapted for CC display ?

  • D
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 21, 2013
      CA 7 segment LEDs aren't that rare. Try jameco.com. You didn't mention digit height, color, or whether you needed a decimal point; but Jameco has a variety colors and sizes of single digit LEDs.

      BR
      Dennis
    • yamaha_dx5
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 21, 2013
        Thanks for all your suggestions guys, but I've looked at everything on ebay already. The pinouts are all different and of course the ones closest to the dimension I need are all CC, I cannot get a direct CA replacement.

        I've contacted Kingbright, it looks like they have something close to what I need but I would still have to figure out a way of re-wiring the odd pinout from the display onto the board.

        anyways, thanks again for the help and suggestions

        --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "D" <dl5012@...> wrote:

        > CA 7 segment LEDs aren't that rare. Try jameco.com. You didn't mention digit height, color, or whether you needed a decimal point; but Jameco has a variety colors and sizes of single digit LEDs.
        >
        > BR
        > Dennis

      • Jan Kok
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 21, 2013
          There are well over 100 types of 7-segment CC displays in stock at DigiKey.

        • D
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 22, 2013
            Hi,

            --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "yamaha_dx5" <studio_1a@...> wrote:
            > Thanks for all your suggestions guys, but I've looked at everything
            > on ebay already. The pinouts are all different

            What is the pinout and other specs that you care about (digit height, color, dp location)? I may have some red single digit from that era in my parts bins.

            BR
            Dennis
          • Paul Read
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 22, 2013