Re: Op Amp selection

  • AlienRelics
    Message 1 of 4 , May 10, 2013
      Speaking of which, a negative bias voltage generator makes -0.23V so you can use a 5.5V Op Amp down to the negative rail:

      http://www.ti.com/product/lm7705

      For a quick DIY, you can always do something like generate -V by using a voltage doubler from an oscillator built from a spare inverting gate, 555 timer, or set an output from a uController to putting out a square wave.

      Keep in mind, from 5V power, that is a 2.5Vp square wave. Doubled, with two diode drops subtracted is about -3.6V, -not- -10V as you might expect.

      Steve Greenfield AE7HD