Re: [Electronics_101] Re: Inexpensive GPM meter

  • Lee
    Message 1 of 14 , May 8 10:57 AM
      Norm,
      A bucket and a watch with a second hand would be the simplest by far but it you really want a paddle wheel type thing - I suggest one of those little positive displacement pumps that mounts on a drill that uses water hose connections. Just run it backwards with water pressure and mount something on the shaft you can use to count with... magnet or whatever. Your still going to need a bucket though to be able to measure a gallon.

      Harbor Freight sells the little drill operated pumps for about $10 or so. I've seen them offered in other places too but I know HF sells them as a regular stock item.

      Lee B
      http://www.packratworkshop.com

      Message 2 of 14 , May 11 12:08 AM
        This is the device:
        http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/g114-water-flow-sensor-p-1082.html?cPath=144_151

        It will help determine the max flow rate of all demand in normal usage as opposed to the max flow into a bucket of one valve.

        Thanks to the other Howard

        Norm