Re: Specialized Inverter

  • Kerim F
    Message 1 of 27 , Mar 15, 2013
      I am afraid you missed that in the future such batteries will exist and bring with them ... their new problems ;)

      --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Terrance" <evilterrance@...> wrote:

      > We really need to learn more about this "battery". Something that can produce 500V at 50A for 40 years would have to have somewhere in the neighborhood of 3x10E13 joules of energy! That's close to half the energy of the nuke that was dropped on Hiroshima...its payload weighed significantly more than 1.5lbs.
      >
      > A small battery that could produce 500V at 50A for 40 HOURS would be amazing. Am I missing something?
      >
      > -Terrance
      >
      > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Lucien" <lucien_lafollette@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Dave,
      > >
      > > You are correct. One time use. However you can turn this battery completely off. If it is off it will not send any voltage or current. No leakage because you didn't use it. Put it in a closet for 100 years you can still use it, and get it's full life.
      > > Use it for 30 years, turn it off. Use it 70 years later, for the other 20 years of output left.
      > >
      > > I hope that made sense. Sorry I have been on a great lack of sleep lately.
      > >

      > > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, Dave C <davec2468@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Lucien,
      > > > This is not a rechargeable battery, I presume? Is it "one time use"?
      > > >
      > > > Dave

    • Lucien
      Message 2 of 27 , Mar 15, 2013
        Which is exactly what I am researching on right now. There are always future problems. However I can do as much as I can now, to try to advert as many of the future problems as possible.

        Sometimes people do things to fix a problem, that temporarily fixes the problem, and then leaves you with a far worse one. The unfortunate part is that you can not necessarily take it back.

        As they say. Just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should.