Re: TV/Receiver/DVD-R/VCR--The other Howard

  • Brenda D
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 16, 2013
      Does it matter if the serial numbers show?

      Brenda

      On 16/2/2013 12:10 PM, Howard Hansen wrote:

      > Yahoo forbids attachments to message. However this email group has a
      > folder in which members can post photos. Go to this groups home page
      > and click on the link on the left hand side of the page that says
      > "photos". If possible post photos of the back of the TV set, Sat
      > Receiver, DVD and VCR and provide a list of the model numbers.
      >
      > The other Howard
      >
      > On 2/16/2013 12:15 AM, Brenda D wrote:
      > >
      > > Is it possible to send a couple of photos of the backs of the
      > > components? I think that might be the easiest way.
      > >
      > > Brenda

      > > Motorola), DVD
      > like to
      > but I've
      > > chair, so
      > > rearrange

      > > TV, and
      > > all of
      > > universal

      > > electronics,

      > > > TV sets vary in their ability to handle different types of inputs. At
      > > > the low end you have a TV set that only has a RF input. At the
      > high you
      > > > have TV sets that can handle RF. S Video, Composite video, and HDMI
      > > > input signals. With a high end TV set one uses the TV's remote control
      > > > to switch between inputs. There is no switching cables. Perhaps you
      > > > can use use the TV remote control to switch inputs. We can do a better
      > > > job of helping you If you could tell us more about the type of inputs
      > > > your TV will work with.
      > > >
      > > > You don't need a universal remote. If your TV can not handle different
      > > > types of inputs than most likely a manual or remote controlled video
      > > > switcher will meet your requirements.
      > > >
      > > > Up to now what inputs are you connecting the Star Choice, DVD and VCR
      > > > signals to on your TV set?
      > > >
      > > > The other Howard

      > > --
      > > "A census taker is a man who goes from house to house increasing the
      > > population."

      "A census taker is a man who goes from house to house increasing the population."

    • Howard Hansen
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 16, 2013
        It doesn't matter if the serial numbers show or don't show. The serial
        numbers won't help us in determining the best method for switching video
        signals.

        The other Howard

        On 2/16/2013 2:22 PM, Brenda D wrote:

        > Does it matter if the serial numbers show?
        >
        > Brenda
        >
        > On 16/2/2013 12:10 PM, Howard Hansen wrote:
        > >
        > > Yahoo forbids attachments to message. However this email group has a
        > > folder in which members can post photos. Go to this groups home page
        > > and click on the link on the left hand side of the page that says
        > > "photos". If possible post photos of the back of the TV set, Sat
        > > Receiver, DVD and VCR and provide a list of the model numbers.
        > >
        > > The other Howard
        > >
        > > On 2/16/2013 12:15 AM, Brenda D wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Is it possible to send a couple of photos of the backs of the
        > > > components? I think that might be the easiest way.
        > > >
        > > > Brenda

        > > > Motorola), DVD
        > any of
        > > like to
        > > but I've
        > > > chair, so
        > > > rearrange

        > > > TV, and
        > > > all of
        > > > universal

        > > > electronics,

        > inputs. At
        > > high you
        > control
        > better
        > inputs

        > different

        > and VCR

        > > > --
        > > > "A census taker is a man who goes from house to house increasing the
        > > > population."

        > --
        > "A census taker is a man who goes from house to house increasing the
        > population."

      • Brenda D
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 16, 2013
          The photos are in the (obvious) album--TV/Receiver/DVD-R/VCR. Seemed to
          take forever to upload them--not sure why.

          Brenda

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 16, 2013
            Hello Brenda,

            Thank you for uploading the requested information.

            I need to ask a question a bout the Sat Receiver connection to the TV.
            Is the TV tuned to a particular channel, typically 3, and then you use
            the Sat receiver remote control to select a channel to watch?

            It looks like your TV receiver has 2 sets of composite input connectors
            . Each set of connectors is color coded red, white and yellow. Hence
            it looks like you have every thing you need to switch your TV between
            your 3 video sources. That is connect the DVD to composite input 1,
            connect the VCR to composite input 2 and use the existing Sat receiver
            to TV connection.

            You would use the TV remote control to select the video source. Page 19
            for the L22HD41 manual says "INPUT Accesses the available video input
            channels (WATCH TV, VID 1, VID 2, S-VID," See:
            <http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/pdf/RCA_L22HD41_Manual.pdf>

            The other Howard

            On 2/16/2013 4:25 PM, Brenda D wrote:

            > The photos are in the (obvious) album--TV/Receiver/DVD-R/VCR. Seemed to
            > take forever to upload them--not sure why.
            >
            > Brenda
            >
            > On 16/2/2013 3:08 PM, Howard Hansen wrote:
            > >
            > > It doesn't matter if the serial numbers show or don't show. The serial
            > > numbers won't help us in determining the best method for switching video
            > > signals.
            > >
            > > The other Howard
            > >
            > > On 2/16/2013 2:22 PM, Brenda D wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Does it matter if the serial numbers show?
            > > >
            > > > Brenda

            > > > any of

            > buttons--SAT,
            > between

            > > > inputs. At
            > > HDMI
            > > > control
            > > Perhaps you
            > > > better
            > > > inputs

            > > > different
            > > video

            > > > and VCR

            > increasing the

            > > > --
            > > > "A census taker is a man who goes from house to house increasing the
            > > > population."

            > --
            > "A census taker is a man who goes from house to house increasing the
            > population."

          • Brenda D
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 16, 2013
              Our TV works with the receiver if the TV is set on "A4" (channel 4), and
              yes, we use the receiver remote to select the channel.

              When we use the TV remote, we have these choices: A2, A4, A5, VID 1, VID
              2, S-VID, and a couple others. (I know one of them is to hook it up with
              the computer, but I haven't figured that out, either. Don't know if we
              would ever connect it to the computer, anyways.)

              How can I record a TV program onto a DVD? Will I be able to do that,
              with it hooked up like you told me?

              I will check out the website shortly. Thank you so much for your help! I
              will paste your answers into a doc, so I can refer back to it, if
              someone messes it up, again.

              Brenda

              On 16/2/2013 6:41 PM, Howard Hansen wrote:

              > Hello Brenda,
              >
              > Thank you for uploading the requested information.
              >
              > I need to ask a question a bout the Sat Receiver connection to the TV.
              > Is the TV tuned to a particular channel, typically 3, and then you use
              > the Sat receiver remote control to select a channel to watch?
              >
              > It looks like your TV receiver has 2 sets of composite input connectors
              > . Each set of connectors is color coded red, white and yellow. Hence
              > it looks like you have every thing you need to switch your TV between
              > your 3 video sources. That is connect the DVD to composite input 1,
              > connect the VCR to composite input 2 and use the existing Sat receiver
              > to TV connection.
              >
              > You would use the TV remote control to select the video source. Page 19
              > for the L22HD41 manual says "INPUT Accesses the available video input
              > channels (WATCH TV, VID 1, VID 2, S-VID," See:
              > http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/pdf/RCA_L22HD41_Manual.pdf>
              >
              > The other Howard

            • Howard Hansen
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 17, 2013
                Hello Brenda,

                You can not use the composite video cables going from the outputs of the
                DVD and VCR to the TV for recording a TV program on the DVD. Instead
                what you need to do is get another composite video cable. Connect this
                cable to the Sat Receiver composite video output jacks and the DVD
                composite video input jacks. Double check the installation of this
                cable to make sure it is connected to Sat receiver composite video
                output jacks and DVD composite video input jacks.

                The other Howard

                On 2/16/2013 9:18 PM, Brenda D wrote:

                > Our TV works with the receiver if the TV is set on "A4" (channel 4), and
                > yes, we use the receiver remote to select the channel.
                >
                > When we use the TV remote, we have these choices: A2, A4, A5, VID 1, VID
                > 2, S-VID, and a couple others. (I know one of them is to hook it up with
                > the computer, but I haven't figured that out, either. Don't know if we
                > would ever connect it to the computer, anyways.)
                >
                > How can I record a TV program onto a DVD? Will I be able to do that,
                > with it hooked up like you told me?
                >
                > I will check out the website shortly. Thank you so much for your help! I
                > will paste your answers into a doc, so I can refer back to it, if
                > someone messes it up, again.
                >
                > Brenda
                >
                > On 16/2/2013 6:41 PM, Howard Hansen wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello Brenda,
                > >
                > > Thank you for uploading the requested information.
                > >
                > > I need to ask a question a bout the Sat Receiver connection to the TV.
                > > Is the TV tuned to a particular channel, typically 3, and then you use
                > > the Sat receiver remote control to select a channel to watch?
                > >
                > > It looks like your TV receiver has 2 sets of composite input connectors
                > > . Each set of connectors is color coded red, white and yellow. Hence
                > > it looks like you have every thing you need to switch your TV between
                > > your 3 video sources. That is connect the DVD to composite input 1,
                > > connect the VCR to composite input 2 and use the existing Sat receiver
                > > to TV connection.
                > >
                > > You would use the TV remote control to select the video source. Page 19
                > > for the L22HD41 manual says "INPUT Accesses the available video input
                > > channels (WATCH TV, VID 1, VID 2, S-VID," See:
                > > http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/pdf/RCA_L22HD41_Manual.pdf>
                > >
                > > The other Howard

              • Brenda D
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 18, 2013
                  It works!! Thank you, thank you so much!!

                  Brenda