old ammeter

  • Nick
    Message 1 of 51 , Feb 13, 2013
      Hi guys, I'm fairly new to electronics and have a question about an old ammeter that I acquired. I know that it requires a shunt as the wires on the posts are small and it is a 100 amp meter. In the lower right corner of the meter face it shows [E.S.=50mv ]. What can I use for a shunt and does it go in series with the + or in parallel with the + and -. Will it read full scale with the shunt installed [not that I would ever need that much]. Thank you in advance for any info.
    • Rick Sparber
      Message 51 of 51 , Mar 21, 2013
        In reading the thread, it sounds like you got the help you needed.

        Rick