RE: [Electronics_101] Identifying motor characteristics

  • Chuck Hackett
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 11, 2013
      > From: jeremy youngs
      >
      > pictures?

      Unfortunately the motor is in my pickup which is in the shop today for
      transmission work :-(

      Hopefully I'll be able to get pics tomorrow ...

      > From: Howard Hansen
      >
      > Three measurements will provide useful information. They are armature
      > resistance, stall torque and no load speed.
      > An example of a speed torque curve is shown half way
      > down the following web page.
      > <http://worldofmachines.wordpress.com/2011/09/19/emfandtorqueequati
      > ons-of-dc-motors/>
      > The other Howard

      Thanks for the info. I'll get the measurements and report back ...

      Cheers,

      Chuck Hackett
      "Good judgment comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgment"
      7.5" gauge Union Pacific Northern (4-8-4) 844
      http://www.whitetrout.net/Chuck