Unknown (to me) connectors

  • msmickelsen
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 10, 2013
      A couple of years ago I purchased some LED rings. Now I'm interested in using them and I find that they have some strange connectors on them, strange to me anyway. I'm wondering if anyone can help me identify them and, more importantly, help me find where I can purchase some mating connectors. I loaded some pictures of them into an album called "strange connectors". One is a very small 2-pin DIL connector and the other looks something like the base to a flashlight bulb. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
      Mark
    • dave
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 10, 2013
        It looks like they would fit in a socket for a "wedge" based lamp.

        --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "msmickelsen" wrote:

        > A couple of years ago I purchased some LED rings. Now I'm interested in using them and I find that they have some strange connectors on them, strange to me anyway. I'm wondering if anyone can help me identify them and, more importantly, help me find where I can purchase some mating connectors. I loaded some pictures of them into an album called "strange connectors". One is a very small 2-pin DIL connector and the other looks something like the base to a flashlight bulb. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
        > Mark

      • AlienRelics
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 11, 2013
          Agreed.

          Why not replace the connector with something more standard?

          Steve Greenfield AE7HD

          --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "dave" wrote:

          > It looks like they would fit in a socket for a "wedge" based lamp.
          >
          > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "msmickelsen" wrote:
          > >
          > > A couple of years ago I purchased some LED rings. Now I'm interested in using them and I find that they have some strange connectors on them, strange to me anyway. I'm wondering if anyone can help me identify them and, more importantly, help me find where I can purchase some mating connectors. I loaded some pictures of them into an album called "strange connectors". One is a very small 2-pin DIL connector and the other looks something like the base to a flashlight bulb. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
          > > Mark

        • Mark Mickelsen
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 11, 2013
            Well, yeah...but, but, but......