Re: Homepage appearance

  • Ron Wright, N9EE
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 5, 2013
      Mike,

      I'm pretty sure this thread left the home page email postings long ago and you are getting lots of responses so I think your logic is not real. Why would one just look at 5 email list when they can go to MESSAGES and see many many and select the ones of interest.

      If one gets few responses from a posting it aint because it is not on the HOME page, it is more few have interest.

      73, ron, n9ee/r

      --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" wrote:

      > I am pretty sure you guys are in the minority.
      > From following the group, when posting a topic, I have noticed, once it disappears off the home page (which is quick is some other topic is popular) I never get any replies. Check my post re robust outputs for example. I cant believe only two people here have ideas on this topic.
      > Mike.
      >
      > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Wright, N9EE" wrote:
      > >
      > > I agree,
      > >
      > > I seldom even look at or use the messages on the Home Page. If I want to see the messages I go to MESSAGES.
      > >
      > > I think yahoo! post 5 or so messages to let anyone interested in the group to get idea of what is discussed. Some groups set up a yahoo group that does not post any messages on the Home Page.
      > >
      > > 73, ron, n9ee/r
      > >

      > > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, Jamie Cunningham wrote:
      > > >
      > > > If I were to use the Yahoo Groups website to view the posts (I am on the
      > > > email list, so I don't) I would not use the home page for the group - I
      > > > would hit the "Messages" menu item, because the home page is taken up by
      > > > the description and sometimes doesn't even post the newest messages on it
      > > > for some reason... Try the "Messages" area and see if you like that better
      > > > :)
      > > >
      > > > Alternatively you could probably pull the feed into some RSS reader that
      > > > lists the posts how you might like them
      > > >
      > > > Jamie
      > > > Check out my CNC projects (and more) at http://www.backyardworkshop.com

    • mark hubrich
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 5, 2013
        I would guess that Mike doesn't type the address out to get to the site.
        Most likely he has a bookmark. Just change the bookmark to the messages
        page and not the home page if that's the way you prefer.

        Or do what everyone else does and subscribe to the mail feed. Rather than
        bend this circuit further, I'm moving on. ;-)