Homepage appearance

  • AlienRelics
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 3, 2013
      I have no control over how many messages appear on the home page.

      I've tried a few times to move us to a forum, but between the apathy, antipathy, and the massive amount of time I'd have to put into it to start, we're still a Yahoogroup.

      Steve Greenfield AE7HD

      --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" wrote:

      > Is there some way you can leave more messages on the Home page of the group???
      > Once message topics fall out off the home page, they fall out of peoples attention, and get no replies.
      > Mike.

    • Michael
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 3, 2013
        Hi Steve,
        have you tried contacting Yahoo groups. Am I the only one who notices how topics get lost????
        Mike.

        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 4, 2013
          Topics don't get lost. They just don't get answered.

          I would wager that the vast majority is following this group on some
          kind of subscription basis, as in receiving the posts per E-mail
          rather than looking on the website, so more threads on the website
          main screen would not change much.

          If you got no replies either nobody could help, would help, or the
          subject line didn't let people know what your post is about.
          You are free to re-post your message to see if there are any takers at
          a later date, but please avoid annoying people.

          Taking to yahoo is not going to change a thing, it is run by evil droids.

          ST

          On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 8:29 AM, Michael <mmk_tsm@...> wrote:
          > Hi Steve,
          > have you tried contacting Yahoo groups. Am I the only one who notices how topics get lost????
          > Mike.

        • Jamie Cunningham
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 4, 2013
            If I were to use the Yahoo Groups website to view the posts (I am on the
            email list, so I don't) I would not use the home page for the group - I
            would hit the "Messages" menu item, because the home page is taken up by
            the description and sometimes doesn't even post the newest messages on it
            for some reason... Try the "Messages" area and see if you like that better
            :)

            Alternatively you could probably pull the feed into some RSS reader that
            lists the posts how you might like them

            Jamie
            Check out my CNC projects (and more) at http://www.backyardworkshop.com

            On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 2:29 AM, Michael <mmk_tsm@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Hi Steve,
            > have you tried contacting Yahoo groups. Am I the only one who notices how
            > topics get lost????
            > Mike.
            >
            > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "AlienRelics" wrote:
            > >
            > > I have no control over how many messages appear on the home page.
            > >
            > > I've tried a few times to move us to a forum, but between the apathy,
            > antipathy, and the massive amount of time I'd have to put into it to start,
            > we're still a Yahoogroup.
            > >
            > > Steve Greenfield AE7HD
            > >
            > > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" wrote:
            > > >

            > > > Is there some way you can leave more messages on the Home page of the
            > group???
            > > > Once message topics fall out off the home page, they fall out of
            > peoples attention, and get no replies.
            > > > Mike.

          • Ron Wright, N9EE
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 4, 2013
              I agree,

              I seldom even look at or use the messages on the Home Page. If I want to see the messages I go to MESSAGES.

              I think yahoo! post 5 or so messages to let anyone interested in the group to get idea of what is discussed. Some groups set up a yahoo group that does not post any messages on the Home Page.

              73, ron, n9ee/r

              --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, Jamie Cunningham wrote:

              > If I were to use the Yahoo Groups website to view the posts (I am on the
              > email list, so I don't) I would not use the home page for the group - I
              > would hit the "Messages" menu item, because the home page is taken up by
              > the description and sometimes doesn't even post the newest messages on it
              > for some reason... Try the "Messages" area and see if you like that better
              > :)
              >
              > Alternatively you could probably pull the feed into some RSS reader that
              > lists the posts how you might like them
              >
              > Jamie
              > Check out my CNC projects (and more) at http://www.backyardworkshop.com
              >

              > On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 2:29 AM, Michael wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > Hi Steve,
              > > have you tried contacting Yahoo groups. Am I the only one who notices how
              > > topics get lost????
              > > Mike.
              > >
              > > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "AlienRelics" wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I have no control over how many messages appear on the home page.
              > > >
              > > > I've tried a few times to move us to a forum, but between the apathy,
              > > antipathy, and the massive amount of time I'd have to put into it to start,
              > > we're still a Yahoogroup.
              > > >
              > > > Steve Greenfield AE7HD

              > > group???
              > > peoples attention, and get no replies.

            • mark hubrich
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 4, 2013
                I have my emails tagged as electronics 101. It adds that to the subject in
                brackets. No need to visit the site unless I'm searching for something.
                Haven't been there in many months.

              • A6intruder@myo-p.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 4, 2013
                  I never go to the web site. That's what I like about an email group, I
                  ALWAYS check email, so the electronics_101 comes in without thinking about
                  it and I can check that folder when I have time. Works great. I don't have
                  time to go check into a separate forum. I monitor about 12 lists this way
                  (used to be 28) but I have to work these days...Great way to learn something
                  about different subjects.

                  Dan Nicoson

                  I have my emails tagged as electronics 101. It adds that to the subject in
                  brackets. No need to visit the site unless I'm searching for something.
                  Haven't been there in many months.
                  On Feb 4, 2013 7:28 AM, "Ron Wright, N9EE" <mccrpt@...> wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > I agree,
                  >
                  > I seldom even look at or use the messages on the Home Page. If I want
                  > to see the messages I go to MESSAGES.
                  >
                  > I think yahoo! post 5 or so messages to let anyone interested in the
                  > group to get idea of what is discussed. Some groups set up a yahoo
                  > group that does not post any messages on the Home Page.
                  >
                  > 73, ron, n9ee/r
                  >
                  > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, Jamie Cunningham wrote:
                  > >
                  > > If I were to use the Yahoo Groups website to view the posts (I am on
                  > > the email list, so I don't) I would not use the home page for the
                  > > group - I would hit the "Messages" menu item, because the home page
                  > > is taken up by the description and sometimes doesn't even post the
                  > > newest messages on it for some reason... Try the "Messages" area and
                  > > see if you like that
                  > better
                  > > :)
                  > >
                  > > Alternatively you could probably pull the feed into some RSS reader
                  > > that lists the posts how you might like them
                  > >
                  > > Jamie
                  > > Check out my CNC projects (and more) at
                  > > http://www.backyardworkshop.com
                  > >

                  > > On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 2:29 AM, Michael wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > **
                  > > >

                  > > > Hi Steve,
                  > > > have you tried contacting Yahoo groups. Am I the only one who
                  > > > notices
                  > how
                  > > > topics get lost????
                  > > > Mike.

                  > > > antipathy, and the massive amount of time I'd have to put into it
                  > start,
                  > > > we're still a Yahoogroup.

                  > the
                  > > > group???
                  > > > peoples attention, and get no replies.

                • Michael
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 4, 2013
                    I am pretty sure you guys are in the minority.
                    From following the group, when posting a topic, I have noticed, once it disappears off the home page (which is quick is some other topic is popular) I never get any replies. Check my post re robust outputs for example. I cant believe only two people here have ideas on this topic.
                    Mike.

                    --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Wright, N9EE" wrote:

                    > I agree,
                    >
                    > I seldom even look at or use the messages on the Home Page. If I want to see the messages I go to MESSAGES.
                    >
                    > I think yahoo! post 5 or so messages to let anyone interested in the group to get idea of what is discussed. Some groups set up a yahoo group that does not post any messages on the Home Page.
                    >
                    > 73, ron, n9ee/r
                    >

                    > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, Jamie Cunningham wrote:
                    > >
                    > > If I were to use the Yahoo Groups website to view the posts (I am on the
                    > > email list, so I don't) I would not use the home page for the group - I
                    > > would hit the "Messages" menu item, because the home page is taken up by
                    > > the description and sometimes doesn't even post the newest messages on it
                    > > for some reason... Try the "Messages" area and see if you like that better
                    > > :)
                    > >
                    > > Alternatively you could probably pull the feed into some RSS reader that
                    > > lists the posts how you might like them
                    > >
                    > > Jamie
                    > > Check out my CNC projects (and more) at http://www.backyardworkshop.com
                    > >

                    > > On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 2:29 AM, Michael wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > **
                    > > >

                    > > > Hi Steve,
                    > > > have you tried contacting Yahoo groups. Am I the only one who notices how
                    > > > topics get lost????
                    > > > Mike.

                    > > > antipathy, and the massive amount of time I'd have to put into it to start,
                    > > > we're still a Yahoogroup.

                    > > > group???
                    > > > peoples attention, and get no replies.

                  • Jong Kung
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 4, 2013
                      Mike,

                      It sounds like you are convinced. Speaking for myself, I get emails of each post. It is much easier for regular follower to do thing this way than to constant check the home page and try to remember which post is new and old.

                      Available to the moderators is member list and how they get the posts. And most active members are email participant. At at least it is so in other groups that I moderate.

                      Either way I don't think out moderator can do anything to change the home page to display much more messages.

                      Jong

                      On Feb 4, 2013, at 10:18 AM, "Michael" <mmk_tsm@...> wrote:

                      > I am pretty sure you guys are in the minority.
                    • Jeffrey Engel
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 4, 2013
                        Pro e-mail List.  I simply won't make time to frequent forums.

                        Jeff Engel

                        Happiness is - positive intake manifold pressure.

                        ________________________________
                        I am pretty sure you guys are in the minority.
                        From following the group, when posting a topic, I have noticed, once it disappears off the home page (which is quick is some other topic is popular) I never get any replies. Check my post re robust outputs for example. I cant believe only two people here have ideas on this topic.
                        Mike.

                        --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Wright, N9EE" wrote:

                        > I agree,
                        >
                        > I seldom even look at or use the messages on the Home Page. If I want to see the messages I go to MESSAGES.
                        >
                        > I think yahoo! post 5 or so messages to let anyone interested in the group to get idea of what is discussed. Some groups set up a yahoo group that does not post any messages on the Home Page.
                        >
                        > 73, ron, n9ee/r
                        >

                        > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, Jamie Cunningham wrote:
                        > >
                        > > If I were to use the Yahoo Groups website to view the posts (I am on the
                        > > email list, so I don't) I would not use the home page for the group - I
                        > > would hit the "Messages" menu item, because the home page is taken up by
                        > > the description and sometimes doesn't even post the newest messages on it
                        > > for some reason... Try the "Messages" area and see if you like that better
                        > > :)
                        > >
                        > > Alternatively you could probably pull the feed into some RSS reader that
                        > > lists the posts how you might like them
                        > >
                        > > Jamie
                        > > Check out my CNC projects (and more) at http://www.backyardworkshop.com
                        > >

                        > > On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 2:29 AM, Michael wrote:
                        > >
                        > > > **
                        > > >

                        > > > Hi Steve,
                        > > > have you tried contacting Yahoo groups. Am I the only one who notices how
                        > > > topics get lost????
                        > > > Mike.

                        > > > antipathy, and the massive amount of time I'd have to put into it to start,
                        > > > we're still a Yahoogroup.

                        > > > group???
                        > > > peoples attention, and get no replies.

                      • Ron Wright, N9EE
                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 5, 2013
                          Mike,

                          I'm pretty sure this thread left the home page email postings long ago and you are getting lots of responses so I think your logic is not real. Why would one just look at 5 email list when they can go to MESSAGES and see many many and select the ones of interest.

                          If one gets few responses from a posting it aint because it is not on the HOME page, it is more few have interest.

                          73, ron, n9ee/r

                          --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" wrote:

                          > I am pretty sure you guys are in the minority.
                          > From following the group, when posting a topic, I have noticed, once it disappears off the home page (which is quick is some other topic is popular) I never get any replies. Check my post re robust outputs for example. I cant believe only two people here have ideas on this topic.
                          > Mike.
                          >
                          > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Wright, N9EE" wrote:
                          > >
                          > > I agree,
                          > >
                          > > I seldom even look at or use the messages on the Home Page. If I want to see the messages I go to MESSAGES.
                          > >
                          > > I think yahoo! post 5 or so messages to let anyone interested in the group to get idea of what is discussed. Some groups set up a yahoo group that does not post any messages on the Home Page.
                          > >
                          > > 73, ron, n9ee/r
                          > >

                          > > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, Jamie Cunningham wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > If I were to use the Yahoo Groups website to view the posts (I am on the
                          > > > email list, so I don't) I would not use the home page for the group - I
                          > > > would hit the "Messages" menu item, because the home page is taken up by
                          > > > the description and sometimes doesn't even post the newest messages on it
                          > > > for some reason... Try the "Messages" area and see if you like that better
                          > > > :)
                          > > >
                          > > > Alternatively you could probably pull the feed into some RSS reader that
                          > > > lists the posts how you might like them
                          > > >
                          > > > Jamie
                          > > > Check out my CNC projects (and more) at http://www.backyardworkshop.com

                        • mark hubrich
                          Message 12 of 12 , Feb 5, 2013
                            I would guess that Mike doesn't type the address out to get to the site.
                            Most likely he has a bookmark. Just change the bookmark to the messages
                            page and not the home page if that's the way you prefer.

                            Or do what everyone else does and subscribe to the mail feed. Rather than
                            bend this circuit further, I'm moving on. ;-)