Re: [Electronics_101] Re: reverse engineering ECU->Dash communication?

  • Aaron Turner
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 3, 2013
      Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their advice. Got this
      working perfectly. :) A little challenging trying to talk at 7800
      baud, but was able to hack the software library to add support for it.
      Then everything pretty much fell into place. Thanks again!

      --
      Aaron Turner
      http://synfin.net/ Twitter: @synfinatic
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 11, 2013
        Yep, EcuEditor is pretty awesome. :) Too bad they don't (yet) support
        the SV650 ECU. Apparently they're almost done and I won't have to run
        a Power Commander any more. It didn't occur to me (until just now)
        that it might be able to tell the ECU to ignore the secondary throttle
        position sensor, but that would probably be pretty easy with that
        software.

        FWIW, BRG Racing (who built my motor and is doing the tuning) has used
        the EcuEditor very successfully on other bikes and prefers that to
        other solutions on the market.