Re: [Electronics_101] Re: 8051 trainer help required

  • Engr. Rehmat Hazara
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 29, 2013
      Assalam-o-Alaikum,

      i have connected that through USB to serial converter, and when i am connecting it is showing COM1. i am using windows not Linux.
      the problem is that my device is not connecting properly. any idea.
      ??

      kind regards
      Engr. Rehmat Ullah

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 30, 2013
        --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Engr. Rehmat Hazara" wrote:

        > Assalam-o-Alaikum,
        >

        > i have connected that through USB to serial converter, and when i am connecting it is showing COM1. i am using windows not Linux.
        > the problem is that my device is not connecting properly. any idea.
        > ??

        Without a manual, I can't help very much. I checked the web site and there was no link to a manual. Apparently everything is on the CD that comes with the board.

        Does the uC you are using support serial programming? Have you read the datasheet? BTW, which device are you using?

        Richard
      • Howard Hansen
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 30, 2013
          On 1/29/2013 11:49 AM, Engr. Rehmat Hazara wrote:

          > Assalam-o-Alaikum,
          >
          > i have connected that through USB to serial converter, and when i am
          > connecting it is showing COM1. i am using windows not Linux.
          > the problem is that my device is not connecting properly. any idea.
          > ??
          >
          > kind regards
          > Engr. Rehmat Ullah

          If your trainer software is like the Arduino IDE there should be a menu
          item that lets you select the COM Port. Hence check to see if your
          trainer IDE is using the correct COM port.

          You may also want to use the following software to help you trouble
          shoot the problem.
          <http://www.serial-port-monitor.com/>
          I have found that this software is very helpful in trouble shooting
          virtual COM port problems.

          The other Howard

          > ________________________________

        • revelation.designs
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 31, 2013
            Hi Rehmat, verify that your USB serial port is assigned COM1 using device manager in control panel. If not the you can (sometimes) overide the selection made by windows and force the port to COM1 using the properties/settings of the port.
            It should work after that.
            Regards, Dave

            --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Engr. Rehmat Hazara" wrote:

            > Assalam-o-Alaikum,
            >

            > i have connected that through USB to serial converter, and when i am connecting it is showing COM1. i am using windows not Linux.
            > the problem is that my device is not connecting properly. any idea.
            > ??
            >

            > kind regards
            > Engr. Rehmat Ullah
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Jong Kung
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 31, 2013
              Not all USB to serial design are created equal. They all work to communicate, but it seems that when they are used for other purposes (like programming chips) some of them won't work. I don't fully understand but that seems to be the problem (programming using USB-2-serial connection).

              Jong.

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 31, 2013
                Assalam-o-Alaikum,

                dear brother , this is the schematic. no manuel is on CD, to get help

                kind regards
                Engr. Rehmat Ullah