RE: [Electronics_101] new article: Low Cost Plastic Insulating Washers

  • Rick Sparber
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 29, 2013
      Larry,

      I completely agree. Towards this end, I team-teach a hands on engineering
      class at a local community college. The students learn the basics of
      designing in a group, some theory, how to solder, etch circuit boards, make
      a simple processor, select and build sensors, build the payload enclosure,
      test all of it, and then have their payloads pulled up to over 80,000 feet
      by weather balloon. A parachute brings it back down. They then download the
      data and evaluate it. The class is funded by NASA. Even students that do not
      go on to become engineers get a lot out of it.

      Here is a typical launch:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfOiA_t1g2s

      Rick

      From: Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com